Did a search but couldn't find anything so thought i would ask!

I have been using an old animal rucksack with a chest strap when i go out, but its not waterproof and quite uncomfartable. So I have been looking at getting a proper rucksack, I only need a smallish one as I only put a few things in it like some waterproofs, wallet, mobile, paperwork etc.

I have found this one -

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/KRIEGA-R20-HYDRAT ... .m14.l1318

It seems to tick all the right boxes, but it also seems a lot for a rucksack!

So what do you lot use?

Dont know why, but really dont fancy a tank/tail bag! I thinks its because I like to take it with me when i park up and trot round town. And I am used to having a rucksack on as I do a lot of walking - but my walking bag is 50L, a bit too big for the bike :wink:

Also do tankbags have to have a base mounting of some sort - A friend has a magnetic one base thing and the bag clips on. But he says the base has slipped a tiny bit and scratched the tank.

Dont know why, but really dont fancy a tank/tail bag! I thinks its because I like to take it with me when i park up and trot round town. And I am used to having a rucksack on as I do a lot of walking - but my walking bag is 50L, a bit too big for the bike :wink:

Also do tankbags have to have a base mounting of some sort - A friend has a magnetic one base thing and the bag clips on. But he says the base has slipped a tiny bit and scratched the tank.

Yeah they can scratch the tank which is a down side. Mine does actually change into a rugsack with a couple of straps that comes with it. Not sure which model it is, but it's a Givi!!

My waterproofs go under the pillion seat. If im going camping I got this huge one that ends above my head :o. coming back from wales last week I had a long sleeping bag tied to the top of it, made me luk like i had wings and was gona take off, buzz lightwear style.

Have a search for kreiga mate they are rucksacks designed to be used on a bike, one of the guys at work uses one and swears by it.

Thanks for reading the thread - thats the bag im looking at! :lol:

And no room under the pillion as the scott oiler and toolkit near enough fill it!

Just bought this from Argos, ideal one in my opinion

http://www.argos.co.uk/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Search?storeId=10001&catalogId=1500001151&langId=-1&searchTerms=coleman+rucksack

For 30 quid its well worth the money 8) 8) 8)

I have the EXACT bag (from the same suppliers too!)

Fantastic bit of kit. and you can get a camelback that slides into the side webbing pouch bit too.

Only down side would be that it's VERY hard to use the front zip pocket if the middle pocket and / or front webbing is full.

Bar that, top notch bag!

I also have a Kriega rucksack and it is really good. I've cruised at high speed in Germany when I lived there and the pack does not move at all on your back. It's got a grippy material that won't move at all on your jacket, especially leathers. I also have the waterproof liner from them.

check the kriega website.

yeh I agree in some ways...depending on what you want it for.

I just use a normal small rucksack for going to work. But for touring, the Kriega makes a big difference. When I get up to speed, the normal pack catches the wind easy and you feel that its there. The Kriega is specifically designed and it does work. It sits real tight and the wind gets nowhere near it so it sits solid. You don't notice its there.

I hate tank bags and they can scratch your tank.