Oxford Products Commuter Motorcycle Hotgrips Heated Grips

4 hours ago, hutchbrighton said:

Hi

Ive bought the cheap Oxford heated grips with the manual switch can I upgrade the controller side only to the intelligent controller.

Thanks

Personally I would fit a relay and run direct from battery then you fit phone charging. Knowing when you turn the key off everything is off.
https://evshunt.com/how-to-wire-a-relay-diagram-4-pin-horn-light/

If not changing the heated grips is not as hard as it sounds.

• 6 months later...

Im assuming its the toggle switch v6 or earlier you have which is quite old in its design now.
The controller is connected to the rest of the harness through two white connectors, they look the same at first glance should be just a case of swapping them out, but why do you want to change it? It would of made more sense to just got the newer version on discount...
The controller is alot better as it has many %, but it allows for more heat which the newer grips also designed for and to cope with. You can do it but id be wary of just wacking it on 100% for ages.

The reason i say is because my misses has the v6 toogle and grips on her bike while i have the newer v8or 9and it is better controller, the grips as they made them thinner ( hotter) also better for heat control in the first place.

with the newer ones even in winter near or at minus degrees,  i rarely need more than 50% even with my jack frost hands!!

1 hour ago, RideWithStyles said:

The reason i say is because my misses has the v6 toogle and grips on her bike while i have the newer v8or 9and it is better controller, the grips as they made them thinner ( hotter) also better for heat control in the first place.

with the newer ones even in winter near or at minus degrees,  i rarely need more than 50% even with my jack frost hands!!

As the op posted the question in January and has not been back since we can presume he froze to death due to lack of a good controller.

• Haha 3