A2 bike provided?

I have booked an a2 test through the dvla and it says that i will need to take a bike that is big enough to do the bike but i only have a 125cc at the moment as i ride it on L plates so is a bike that is big enough provided by the dvla or do i need to find a way of getting a bike there without riding it? Thanks 

Best to discuss with your local riding school. They'll have bikes and instructors available. They'll maybe want to take you for a lesson first, just so they know you're ready.

• Like 1

The DVLA will not provide you with a bike. You will have to either find a way of getting a bike there ( plus insuring it for you to ride) or what most people do is use a Motorcycle training company to book your test through as they will provide Bike, insurance etc.

• Like 1

You have two options:

1. you can find a way of getting a bike to the test site without riding it. You will need to be insured to ride the bike. While it is technically possible to do this, I've never worked out how you'd get insurance to ride a bike you're not yet qualified to ride.

2. you can phone a motorbike training company and book an instructor to accompany to the test. With the instructor, you are allowed to ride the bigger bike to the test site, and ride the back back again to the school after the test. You will need to book enough time to cover the journey there and back and faffing around at the test centre before and after the test.  The test school will be able to advise you how much time to allow. This is what nearly everyone does.

• Like 1

You can get insurance that covers you to ride a bike you can't ride through - bikesure.. so you have to agree not to go on a public road - unless under instruction. They will insure you for a max of 60 days (for me it was £50 for 1 day and £98 for a month, so worth asking how much it i for longer in case you need to resit.). 

For a Mod1 or Mod 2 test - your 'trainer' is the examiner. IYSWIM. But you would either need a friend to ride the bike to the test center -or trailer it there. 
You will need to do your Mod 1 - on the same 'level' of  bike as a Mod 2. (so you can't do mod 1 on a 125 and a mod 2 on a 650 for example).

• Like 2