MyRouteApp

fullscreenaging

I’ve been singing this navigation tool’s praises for a long time now. I was lucky enough to have found them when they first started up and I paid about £50 for lifetime GOLD membership as an early adopter. 
They have not sat still since and have gone from strength to strength. 
Now it’s not just a web based app. They now have a fully working mobile app only recently finished. 

I received one of my regular emails from them the other day. 

I am in no way affiliated with them and don’t gain anything from this post. 
I just think it’s the best navigation tool out there. 

Check it out. There is a free version if you don’t want to subscribe that looks pretty good. 

https://mranavigationnext.app/freeuse/

Edited by fullscreenaging
  • Like 3

I too use Myroute App 

But I don't use the navigation side of things as I don't want to use my phone as a sat nav and I screwed a camera on a phone due to it mounted to the bike! 

I was also an early user and got gold membership for peanuts and us it to plan all my routes whether its when out and about and using it on my phone and sending them to my Zumo XT or sat at home and planning trips at the computer

I also share routes with a mate too which he has no clue on what to do with them so ends up just following me anyway :lol: 

• Like 3

On 04/08/2023 at 05:07, fullscreenaging said:

I’ve been singing this navigation tool’s praises for a long time now. I was lucky enough to have found them when they first started up and I paid about £50 for lifetime GOLD membership as an early adopter. 
They have not sat still since and have gone from strength to strength. 
Now it’s not just a web based app. They now have a fully working mobile app only recently finished. 

I received one of my regular emails from them the other day. 

I am in no way affiliated with them and don’t gain anything from this post. 
I just think it’s the best navigation tool out there. 

Check it out. There is a free version if you don’t want to subscribe that looks pretty good. 

https://mranavigationnext.app/freeuse/

Me too. I've been using it for several years now and it does just get better all the time, doesn't it ? Like all of these navigation devices they do take a bit of learning but I find MRA the easiest and most trouble free system yet.

It's not completely faultless though.  I use it with a Garmin Zumo 396 and I've found that despite the instructions it will quite happily transfer Open Source or Tom Tom maps to your Garmin despite saying that it will only accept maps prepared on a HERE format.

If you do go for the Smartarse phone thing, download Garmin Smartphone Link and after a couple of tries it's dead easy to drop a route onto your Garmin Zumo just from your phone.

• Like 1

@Ronnie Some good tips there. 
I have the TomTom Rider so don’t have that issue. 

@Stu When I bought my bike it came with a handlebar Sat Nav mount. When in the higher rev range my TomTom used to switch off!! 

After a bit of research I discovered that Kawasaki had only changed from an above the clock mount from that year. Obviously to save money. 
I bought the higher mount for not only the reason mentioned above, but the fact that I found it dangerous when I needed to look down to view the sat nav. 

Has anyone tried the free version yet? 

10 hours ago, fullscreenaging said:

Has anyone tried the free version yet? 

Yes. I tried it for a fortnight and as it added nothing, no improvements to the experience I have with route planning, I deleted it.

If it was designed to draw me in and get me to pay the subscription. it didn't succeed. shame really, given what people say about it and have been saying about it for quite some time now.

17 hours ago, fullscreenaging said:

@Stu When I bought my bike it came with a handlebar Sat Nav mount. When in the higher rev range my TomTom used to switch off!! 

After a bit of research I discovered that Kawasaki had only changed from an above the clock mount from that year. Obviously to save money. 
I bought the higher mount for not only the reason mentioned above, but the fact that I found it dangerous when I needed to look down to view the sat nav. 

Totally agree.  I have my Garmin mounted as high and centrally as possible so that a quick glance down is sufficient to keep me informed. Then I've almost instantly got my eyes back on the road.

I can't help but feel that a screen mounted where there used to be a wireless in most cars is a distraction.  Why not mount it where the speedometer usually is ?  Nobody seems to bother with it anyway.