Licensing Legalities

Hi,

I have recently had my A2 motorcycle license revoked, due to an accumulation of 3 points attained on my provisional and a further 3 on my A2 license. From my little knowledge of recent legalities, I understand if someone with both a car and motorcycle license gets either revoked, the other is also taken. I do not currently have a car license. I understand to regain my A2 I have to retake both theory and practical tests again.

My first question is, do I have to re-do the entire A2 course again, or can I just apply for mod 1 and mod 2 again. Or if I was to acquire a car license would that also reinstate my A2 license.

Any Ideas?

Many Thanks

Ryan

It’s just one licence with different entitlements. 
You accrued 3 points while on a provisional and then after you passed your A2 you gained another 3 points. This totalled 6 points within two years of passing your test. 
You now have to apply for a provisional and start again. 
If you passed the theory less than 2 years ago then the cert is still valid and you will only have to do the mod 1 & 2 again before the two years is up. Obviously if it longer than that or the 2 years run out while in the process of obtaining your full licence again then you will have to take the theory. I also suspect you might have to do the CBT as you need the cert number in order to book the theory. 

You best bet is to speak to a riding school. They will know better than anyone on here. 

• Like 2

No need to redo the course. The only thing that counts is collecting those passes. But quite which you need to collect, I'm not sure. As said, best to call a school for advice, even if you don't book any lessons.

Just to add if having passed both entitlements (car and bike) before the revoke/ban and you retake and pass on your bike test first, the car one will be automatically reinstated afterwards (because you've already passed before on the car).
but if you take the car one first you have to retake the bike afterwards with makes sense as bikes being harder to ride and pass, that is unless you've Had some other restriction imposed by court.

Edited by RideWithStyles

The only silver lining to this is that when you do regain your provisional licence you're not subject to a new 2yr probationary period. This only applies for 2 years after you pass your first full test, (but I don't know if whatever time you had left to serve rolls over onto your new licence). Either way, your existing points will transfer to your new provisional licence when you apply for it and will remain valid for 3 years from the date of conviction. In practice this mean if you accumulate another 6 points in the next three year (less whatever the dates of the earlier convictions were) you'll face a further six months ban under the totting up process. You're going to have to learn how to drive / ride like a saint.

Edited by Capt Sisko

The other incentive to drive/ride while being attentive to your speed is that youll have less insurance companies to choose from and will be massively more expensive.

if you still dont behaave after that courts can ban u for even longer/ indefinitely or let you stay in a 3x2mtr accommodation for a while to think about what you might be doing wrong, it is rare but a possibility.

Just as I side note, I don't get posters like this. New account, asks a question on the day he registers, logs in the next day and hasn't been seen since. Okay he might have looked at the answers without logging in, but a polite 'thanks all' goes a long way.

• Like 1

Agree but there you go 🙄, thats a forum for the masses to access quick and free knowledge.

Some people just want a ready meal or fast food... quick nugget and go, they just want that.
Sometimes with people its not the answer they want to read, dont agree then get disgruntled sometimes from experience.

maybe it might be useful to just pin this for info but that would make the forum less busy?

Edited by RideWithStyles
  • Like 1