Honda CBR650R 2023

Interference Fit

What model was it? - Honda CBR650R w/sport pack

When did you buy it and how much did it cost? - September 2023, £9k

Good points? - Build quality, fit & finish, 4 cyl engine smooth as butter, pulls clean from idle and has perfect fuelling. Comfy* and spacious* for a sports bike. Looks stunning and is great value for money. Very light clutch, very economical 60 mpg (if taking it easy), sounds great even with stock exhaust, plenty of go in the upper rev range.

*Unless you're 6'4 and find it a little cramped, albeit it's one of the most spacious of the middleweight sports bikes.

Bad points? - LCD display looks a little behind the times. Cable throttle is old tech, overly sensitive off-idle and means the quick shifter is up-only. There's some seat/bar vibes/buzz between 6k-7k (bar end weights and grip puppies sorted the bars, seat not really an issue). The clutch bite at the end of lever travel and needs some adjusting. The rear brake is poor and the front brake lacks initial bite but stops very well with a hard squeeze. The rear hugger offers little protection from road dirt.

Would you get another? - Honda, yes. Sports bike, no. The Itch is now scratched but I want something more spacious and upright next (getting old).

IMG_0130.jpg

• Like 4

14 hours ago, Simon Davey said:

That's seriously smart, I love the stance of the front end, it's all muscle looking.

Thanks, I think it's a lovely design and I have zero regrets buying it and would do so again if I could turn back the clock. 

IMG_3372.jpg

Edited by Interference Fit
  • Like 2