Who uses My-Route-App

So I got myself a Zumo XT2, and I like the idea of being able to create a route on my phone, and send it to the Zumo when I get to my bike.

FFS, why is that so much to ask?????

The tread app is OK, it's basic and uncluttered, but the one big let down is only being able to search half the postcode, which would only take me to the general area.. 

I downloaded My-Route-App which looks OK, so I subscribed to the basic, and flippin' Nora, that's not good enough to plan a route to the place I just searched. I have to subscribe to "My Route Next". Do I have to subscribe to both? If so, I'm an occasional rider so they can shove it....

What do you guys do, and what subscription (if any) do you have?

Cheers

There’s nothing I can say that’s useful about the XT2.

i wish you had mentioned you were considering buying an XT in advance, I would have strongly urged you to get either the original XT or an earlier model.

the XT2 might look like a simple upgrade of the original - nothing could be further from the truth as unlike the original it’s almost exclusively reliant on a smart phone and smart phone apps.

I don’t need to think about them aside from one which feeds live updates to the device when I’m actively using it - the Drive app.

Everything else I do at home with the device connected to my Mac computer via a usb cable.

I tried MRA for a week and deleted it as it added nothing to my user experience

Edited by Gerontious
  • Thanks 1

I mostly use road signs, or if needed I sometimes just use goggle maps with an ear peace, but that can be worse than the girlfriend backseat driving :)

Edited by Vic101

5 hours ago, Vic101 said:

I sometimes just use goggle maps with an ear peace, but that can be worse than the girlfriend backseat driving :)

I did this last week and I was surprised at how easy it was. 

I didn't have your girlfriend with me though. 

Edited by Simon Davey

I have the XT and I also have My Route app 

Both work fine together I have gold membership as it was offered at a good price 

My mate uses the free version and it works just fine for creating routes 

• Thanks 1

I also use MRA free version with my XT and had no problems creating a route

I usually create a route on the pc ( Big Screen  ) and email it to myself and when I open the email on the phone garmin drive sends the route to the XT

• Thanks 1

Thanks guys, I've cancelled the subscription but I've got another month to have a play with it, to be fair on the Zumo, I took it indoors to have a tinker, and creating routes directly seems pretty straightforward.

Also delighted to find my streaming music was there on the screen when I hit the music button.

• Like 1