hello

jr71

im 57 and a fair weather biker only.

currently thinking of downgrading to something lighter and slower from my Thunderace.

hoping for a dry summer.

• Like 1

i went from:

inline4 600 (100hp),

triple 955 (150hp) that was heavier but a bit more top heavy,

500 twin (46hp) weighs less though not as much as ud hope for but was quite well balanced with a great spread of torque from nowhere up to the red line that made it really nice on the roads to that makes a 4cyl 1000 jealous.

inline4 again but a 650 (80ish hp) that by specs doesnt seem to weigh greatly more but definitely is and more topside but nowhere near as the 955 was, slower than the 500 unless you want to ride it in the 10-14k rev range all the time.

i much prefer the twin and triple characters tbh.

mid capacity bike will do. twins for more fun below 70, triples for allround and slightly upper speeds, and inline fours for scream if you wanna go faster or to jail is my opinion.

Edited by RideWithStyles
autocorrect
  • Like 2

Hi and welcome. I had a Kawasaki GPX750R. Told OH I was going to get something smaller, lighter, slowe and more comfortable. I got a Suzi Bandit 1250. Well it is more comfortable. 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, Nick the wanderer said:

Hi, how lighter and slower are you thinking? I went from the Suzuki down to a XSR 700, loads slower but defo lighter and fun. think LC 350 fun.

the Hornet 750 is at the top of my list.

unfortunately i suffer with stumpy legs(28" inseam) so am very limited on choice. i have no desire to be hanging off one side of a bike every time i stop.

i had to lower the Thunderace to make it useable.

the Moto Guzzi V7 850 and Honda Rebel 1100 have also caught my eye due to their low seats, but theyre around the same weight as the ace.

• Like 1