Heated Grips

i wouldnt fit them to 125's or 50's or really anything smaller than a 500... your batt is small and doesnt hold much charge (cca about 150) + your reg.rec will suffer due to the extra loadas im told. and if you not plannning in keeping them im sure the hard fixed ones are a pain in the A$$ so get off if you get the wrap arounds im sure there a better choice as they are removable :P

After fitting them to Jade Mongoose's Bandit, it would be easier to remove the bars and refit to another bike than the grips.. or leave on and buy new set for new bike..

yep, i'd go with muffs on smaller machines, if you are on them long enough to need something..

• 3 weeks later...

Well they have arrived!!!

All I have to do now is see if I can put them on without breaking my bike!!! :shock: :shock:

http://i524.photobucket.com/albums/cc324/bikerkorben/My%20Bike/DSC00510.jpg

http://i524.photobucket.com/albums/cc324/bikerkorben/My%20Bike/DSC00511.jpg

Guest philgale
Trust me, if there is a way to mess it up I will!!!! :lol: :lol:

:lol: well if you need a hand give us a shout i can pop over on wed i think and help out....

Guest philgale

just make sure when you take the old ones off you clean the bars proper (i know you will enjoy that bit :lol: ) then make sure you can get the new grips on before glueing them....

i tried a few times to get them on then took them off and glued it then they just slid on....

Guest philgale

depends if you want them to be wired to the ignition......i just stuck them directly on the battery but must remember to turn them off after i used them

Guest philgale
Yeah.... Ideally want them to the ignition, but it all depends how difficult that is!! :D :D

i aint got a clue, as i been told its just about finding a wire thats already linked to it (headlights) and then get something else to snap them together....

im useless when it comes to technical stuff.....i just whack it on and hope for the best :lol:

Yeah.... Ideally want them to the ignition, but it all depends how difficult that is!! :D :D

i aint got a clue, as i been told its just about finding a wire thats already linked to it (headlights) and then get something else to snap them together....

im useless when it comes to technical stuff.....i just whack it on and hope for the best :lol:

Your easiset and best bet is to find the wire for the back light, and conect into that, its nearer the battery for a start and will provide a live feed as long as A you connect to the positive, and B its not the brake light positive and C the lights are on... choice of 3 i know, but it's what i'd go for... Haynes book of lies will give you a wiring diag of the back light with wire colours...

fitted one of these kits to my mates bike, haven't done mine yet, but it's on the list... (the one that keeps getting longer.... lol) took about an hour.. i didn't glue his grips, as they were a wedge fit (we needed a hammer to put the left one on, plus with bar ends, they ai'nt coming off..)

Frankie

• 3 weeks later...

Got my replacement switch for my grips and fitted it this evening. Took the bike for a spin to test them out, and Oh My God they are amazing - and not "Oooh that's nice" amazing, i'm talking "Feck me it's minus 2 and i'm riding around in summer gloves with warm hands" amazing!

Can't believe i left it so long to get some of these things.

Anyone thinking of getting some, just get them :D

JM

• 1 month later...
you can get wrap round ones that err wrap round the original grips :)

I have these

Take a look at my gallery

Post Blackberry Incident one you can zoom in on

Very good but the grips because they wrap round are larger than normal.

Took a bit of getting used to but recommend them (either type) for the colder weather

Mine have stopped working and Im no electrician so have not been able to figure out the cause

Even had my mechanic look at them and he was unsure

Guest philgale

yes you can stu, i think a lot of people use them to wrap around the pillion handle

http://www.classiccycleparts.com/aduploads/bb5ae009-fd99-427f-b335-c705354a178c.jpg

d_3026.jpg

rose keeps telling me i need to get them for her on the back :lol: