Track Day Discussion

chris128

PM sent mate,

also this looks like what your after with a trailer

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/One-1-folding-mot ... 428wt_1160

thanks that looks ideal :) I'm speaking to trading standards tomorrow about whether or not I have got any chance of getting a full refund for my Audi A3 - how soon I can start buying this stuff depends on the outcome of that so we will see what happens.

• 3 years later...

got my first proper track day booked, rockingham on the 9th of june

I have done the CSS before but that was 6 years ago and round stowe circuit at Silverstone.

looking forward to it and weather is looking like a cracking day :D

thought i'd tell you about sunday if anyones interested. day was great only downside was a low side crash that has scraped my fairings, this was caused by me trying to hard to go faster through the corners. the bike is fine apart from the paintwork which is getting done next week. I was fine and back out next session a bit slower though but still enjoying it. I will be going again soon and may well look for a track bike and trailer to do them regular

yeah stu it was great fun. at the end of every session I was back to pits buzzing. the crash never really bothered me was just more careful after that. should have started that way and would have come off :lol:

like I said more to come on the track for me 8-)

Got first trackday week today at oulton! Fingers crossed for weather.

How necessary is taping things up?

I'm riding there (only 30min ride) - I was planning on pulling out headlight fuse, removing mirrors, bit of tape on the speedo and lowering tyre pressures - track prep done.

Not particularly over the moon about taping the whole of the two headlights or indicators or rear lights. How necessary is it?

Any other final tips? Getting mildly nervious now :oops:

I left lights on as did a lot of others, mirrors can come off or tape them over. drop your tyre pressure when you get there and cover Speedo as you would end up looking at it, most important thing is to just enjoy, I was given the advice of not pushing it in the morning as you have all day should've listened but excitement got the better of me. I'll be back on track soon :-)

taping is just been polite to the track owners and other users

if you bin it all the glass/plastic stays with the bike which means less sweeping up and down time for others :)

Went on the first trackday today. Absolute blast! Perfect weather. Stayed rubber side down :cheers:

Opens your eyes to the skill of some of these guys.

No knee down but completely obliterated my 'chicken strips' right to the edge.

Being on my own was a bit intimidated at first but ended up in a garage with a really cool bunch of guys that helped me out a lot and even gave me a canister of petrol when I was running low for last session.

Lent bike further than I thought possible. Bloody fantastic day, the bike seems like it belongs on the track more than the road lol.

Will have to get a few more under my belt :twisted:

mine was my first the other week I had a mate that was there with others so I had people around from the start but I was soon talking to others as we were all there with the same interest. which track was you at ? i'm thinking about booking my next one soon just have to check for days off as people on holiday at work

mine was my first the other week I had a mate that was there with others so I had people around from the start but I was soon talking to others as we were all there with the same interest. which track was you at ? i'm thinking about booking my next one soon just have to check for days off as people on holiday at work

I was at oulton park. I am not going to be doing one for a bit due to me going on holiday but perhaps get one more in before the summers done, late july early august maybe.

Did you have crash sliders on btw when you came off? Sounds like a very minor one anyway if you were able to keep riding it. I don't have any at the moment but have bought some r&g ones online.

• 1 month later...

no think outlon on Tuesday would be pushing it a bit....im at donniington on Monday for a focused events track day, with a load of mates who race ...omg...lol. not sure what that'll be like be im sure it'll be a helluva lot of fun :)

I have be trying to book one the last two weeks everyone that I am able to do is fully booked. people on holiday from work so can't get extra time off. got Silverstone on sept 4th with an added bonus of all Suzuki racers being there to give instruction. really needed to do one before then to try out new bike.

Go to MSV track days' website and sign up for their newsletter, they keep sending me e-mails with all the upcoming days listed and offers and what's going on at each of them... and tempting me... the bast*rds :D

no think outlon on Tuesday would be pushing it a bit....im at donniington on Monday for a focused events track day, with a load of mates who race ...omg...lol. not sure what that'll be like be im sure it'll be a helluva lot of fun :)

Wow littlecat, I am jealous of how many trackdays you've been able to get under you belt. Must be a good few?

I take it your completely under the influence of trackday addiction :lol:

I have be trying to book one the last two weeks everyone that I am able to do is fully booked. people on holiday from work so can't get extra time off. got Silverstone on sept 4th with an added bonus of all Suzuki racers being there to give instruction. really needed to do one before then to try out new bike.

That shit man. Just look as late as you need to then book it first then you'll be really determined to push your boss for the day off when you're 100 - 150 quid out of pocket :lol:

Wow littlecat, I am jealous of how many trackdays you've been able to get under you belt. Must be a good few?

I take it your completely under the influence of trackday addiction :lol:

actually this will only be my second full day, have done cadwell on performance plus ( which is half a day on track) one session at castle combe as part of a bikesafe day ( xmas pressie from my lovely man),#one full day at cadwell on a reclaim your tracks day ( birthday pressie from my best mate)

and now donnington coming up, paid for by my bestie because he fancied doing it with his racer buddies and I think he secretly( or not so secretly as it happens) wants to coach me, and its my local track .

am I addicted ...possibly...I find it much more exhilarating than riding on the road...the perfect environment in which to see what you are capable of ( and also what the bike is ) without the usual hazards or unknowns

this would be with the mate who moaned like hell when he saw my cadwell pics on account of the fact my arse is still on the seat !!!( hes been racing for years and is wired wrong in the head ... loves the manx and the southern 100 )