Track Day Discussion

chris128

Had to lift up her seat and plug in a funny looking red thing first though... Maybe try that on the wife??

I tried that once. She said no. :-(

Edit for on-topic question:

Is that 7th October?

Snetterton has quite a few days coming up - only a smidge further.

Mallory on the 30th for us.... downside, its a quiet one so both exhausts need swapping ...plus side its a Saturday so no holiday required, and its only £115.

not to mention its our anniversary, and we will be sharing it with 9 ACU licenced mates....wooohooo

Had to lift up her seat and plug in a funny looking red thing first though... Maybe try that on the wife??

I tried that once. She said no. :-(

Edit for on-topic question:

Is that 7th October?

It is - going?

Snetterton has quite a few days coming up - only a smidge further.

Makes no difference to me - i have annual leave that week so either will do and at £65 for the day it's a steal.

• 3 months later...

I use my own.

I used my road bike to start with but as I did more and got more daring, I decided to get a track only bike - I checked out rental bikes but they're so expensive that the price of my track bike was covered after only a few track days. :-)

would love to but sadly I dont have the ideal bike for a trackday

although that doesnt mean no I'm sure I will manage to hustle the FJR and waste some poxy 600's :twisted:

If... If we could arrange enough people to take over a whole track, it would be hilariously fun to have a "track inappropriate" bike group.

I'd give you a race on my shitty old 750 Stu. :-)

• 1 month later...

Jesus - just checked out the calendar for 2015 track days. Not many going this year and the price has shot up.

£125+ for a standard weekday session is a bit OTT in my opinion.

• 2 months later...

Right then, I've been having a head scratch about these track days. Weather permitting i.e. not pissing down, I'll be having a pop at Snet or Cadwell at the end of April with MSV. There are three days mid week - one general day at each track and a novice only at Cadwell.

If anyone else is interested, I don't really mind which track or session and am happy to do the novice day. Cadwell is a good few hours with the trailer so I'd probably be looking staying over/camping out.