HARTFORD MARINA - Organise your meets here!!

:shock: Bloody hell, I saw the smoke coming into work this morning but it did not click that it would be the pub. Thought it was someone with a big bonfire.

OOps

Ditch the 'pub' mentality and go to Papworth

yes to this for sure...... burger and a CUP OF TEA thats right TEA..... lol..... and friendlier atmosphere

all round lou and ollies on a tuesday ngiht now for coffee and lous home made biccies :mrgreen:

Shall we actually do that this Tuesday?! Seriously - well up for this!!! Can you all be arsed with a ride to Longstanton? Can go to Papworth afterwards - if the weather's good can sit in the garden: tea's free - would charge for biccies and make a forum donation from the collection! :thumb: Beats a £3.50 or something Pepsi :lol: . RIP Hartford Marina though...are they gonna re-build? ANy news on why it went up?

[album]761[/album]

Someone sent this picture to me!!!!

Huge fire?!?

HOLY M00-LY!!

Hey all

I'm absolutely gutted and so sad about Hartford Marina as suffice to say that I LOVE that place basically, such a nice setting. I really hope they rebuild it... Been going there for bike night on/off for pretty much 10 years, many good memories.

But in the meantime it looks like Papworth is the best bet, not that I've even been there yet!

There is the pub in Abbots Ripton that always has a few bikes outside? Might be worth a visit at some point. I do like a pub...

Of course it's Ashby this Tuesday anyway...

if the weather's good can sit in the garden: tea's free - would charge for biccies and make a forum donation from the collection! :thumb: Beats a £3.50 or something Pepsi :lol: . RIP Hartford Marina though...are they gonna re-build? ANy news on why it went up?[/color]

[album]761[/album]

... You know a fundraiser is a good idea. How about a fundraiser for a rebuild of the Marina? We could contact the landlord... If we organised something properly we would easily be able to get money from the hundreds of people that go there regularly... it might help the cause?

... You know a fundraiser is a good idea. How about a fundraiser for a rebuild of the Marina? We could contact the landlord... If we organised something properly we would easily be able to get money from the hundreds of people that go there regularly... it might help the cause?

Right - so I don't want to sound stingy and correct me if I'm wrong - but why a fundraiser for the pub? It's a big chain, highly likely to have had insurance so it won't cost them anything, the staff *may* get sent to work at other pubs...I care more for the staff living there and losing everything tbh. So I suppose could raise money for them? But I gotta say I only ever ate there once, only started going there a few months ago and didn't think much of the food, prices of soft drinks or service from staff - only went to sit outside on a bench and natter to the TMBF-ers really and can do that elsewhere. May mean more to others who went more and ate there and knew staff etc and obv a loss to the community. So me personally not really keen to fundraise for the pub :| .

all round lou and ollies on a tuesday ngiht now for coffee and lous home made biccies :mrgreen:

Ollie's biscuits, I think you'll find! Lou's biscuits look more like this

You mahoosive liar - totally not my biscuits there!!!!

With Wallie help with the mixture, the biccies looked like this last time:

http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k96/spastic_potato/P3160086-001_zps5fb6248a.jpg

So seriously, who's up for Tuesday at ours for tea and motorbike biscuits?! Map: https://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=longst ... a=N&tab=wl

Wish we could tag people here: Roadrunner Darren, EAB Steve, KAren (AKA Tracy!), Neil, GOG, Roger, Yorbantit Roy, GuitarMan John, SeaBlueGal, Tango & Mandy, and all the people I don't know the names of/may not have met - all more than welcome :mrgreen: .

Btw, can you imagine Tango & Bonnie's convo in Greece:

TANGO: "Mandy, the Hartford Mill has burnt down!!!!"

BONNIE: "Mmm hmm, sure"

TANGO: "no REALLY, it's gone, obliterated!"

BONIE: "Just tell me if you don't fancy going this week without the tall stories please, love." :lol:

Moo- would love to, sounds awesome, but I will be at Ashby this week coming.

Oh poop, sorry!

See if anyone else is up for it. If not, maybe the week after? :cheers:

Enjoy Ashby - Leicester far too epic for us to go to & from on a work day unfortunately!

Btw, can you imagine Tango & Bonnie's convo in Greece:

TANGO: "Mandy, the Hartford Mill has burnt down!!!!"

BONNIE: "Mmm hmm, sure"

TANGO: "no REALLY, it's gone, obliterated!"

BONIE: "Just tell me if you don't fancy going this week without the tall stories please, love." :lol: [/color]

Something like that - under a grass parasol on the beach atm:-)

Was getting a bit cr@p and less biker-friendly at the Marina anyway. Bikkies sound good and Papworth. Perhaps a few rideouts to find a new pubby meeting place would be good

There's the cross Keys in great Gransden that have a bike mett......but I think it's only monthly and on a Wednesday night....but I'll check as I'm on their mailing list..... 8-)

And the guvnor and his son are both bikers...... 8-)

Bonnie & Tango - you both back for this Tues?

So what's the plan then - we all still going to Hartford Marina grassy bit as no replies on tea and motorbike biccies at ours? Haha! Would be quite the picture, blackened building in the background :mrgreen:

The whole place could well be cordoned off if the building is unsafe..... :shock:

Hopefully we're back this week for Tuesday. ....depends a bit on work.....and the weather. .... :wink:

So far forecast looking good :)

Let us know what you're all gonna do. Wallie & I may go to Hartford Marina first just to see if we can hang out there/if not take a few pics and go on to Papworth after. I think Wolls is coming this week too *yay*!

162219605_Sunnyshiney!.jpg.e7debfb1cb7c0805c5f3887eb467ebd3.jpg

only an idea but if any one is up for it could always start meeting up at the marsh harrier needingworth road st ives pe274nb big new pub loads of parking .

This week we're defo going to Hartford Mill just to see it burnt down first then onto Papworth, but if from next week a good number of us fancy trying there, we'll be up for it. :mrgreen:

So who is out this Tuesday?