Roll Up! Roll Up! The TMBF Rally! IMPORTANT NEW INFO ADDED!!

Susieque

I'm not a camping or a BBQ person and I have a nice house less than a mile from MFN. So all being well I'll wander over and watch the fun some time on the Saturday. What's the ticket situation? Will I need to buy one or is 'guest' access allowed for locals?

now that i have my car to repair i cant see me making any meets till at least the end of august soddin chavvy little twat read my posts if you dont know what im talking about

Hi all you Rally-Goers!!

I have spoken to the guys at MFN today - just before the event as requested by them, to confirm final arrangements.

To cut a long story short they seem to have backtracked on a few of the things they will offer us for our Rally, because of the relatively low number of people attending.

After some negotiation they have agreed to us camping in the field alongside the car park, using the toilet facilities etc, and they will open the bar from 7 - 11pm on Friday & Saturday nights. However they WILL NOT lay on breakfast baps or BBQ food for us to buy, saying it's not financially viable for them to do so!

This means we will somehow have to do our own food. I will have my car there, so I can go and get supplies - apparently Morrisons is very close - if we all chip in some money.

I am hoping that someone can come up with a solution for doing some cooked food? Maybe someone living fairly close has got a barbecue that we can use? I can't fit mine in the car!

I'm really sorry about all this - I did what they asked us to do. I feel I've let all you folk down but I don't know what else to do. :cry: :oops:

Guest akey

either Susie, its not a bid deal or anything I just realised the racing is on, and wondered if they would open up either the main bar or the big screen to watch it all. Mind you the qualies will probably depend on weather as some may want to go for a ride out.

Dont worry about it sue... they were only gonna do burgers, and saus sandwiches in the morning. Let people sort themselves out, or get together in little groups to sort out between them... dont take anything on yourself.

Can always pop and get some of those disposable BBQ things for everyone, few of us have car then and can sort on day.

xx

ps.. we dont even need the bar opening, nobody hardly used it last time.... dont worry xx

It's up to those going whether we get them to open the bar - I can PM everyone and go with the majority?

If we don't want them to open it then I need to let them know ASAP. We could do with some leccy tho for music.

Could try taking my BBQ apart and getting it in the car

He's being a bit cheeky as he often has the bar open to the public on Fridays and Saturdays anyway, sometimes with live bands. Why wouldn't he open the bar if a few dozen people are camped in the field also?

Can understand the food thing, but I think Vicki's right, it's going to be just as easy for people to sort this out amongst themselves. I'm happy to pop to Morri's and help fetch stuff.

Thanks everso much Claire!

I'm a bit p'd off that he's changed what he originally said, just because there are only 40 people going. But he says he didn't say he'd do it in the first place!

Makes me feel like I've let people down although there's nothing I can do about it!

He'll say he didn't backtrack but no point bothering with that now - it's happened.

I really don't know about watching TV in the bar - maybe we'll have to see when we get there. I think it depends if he or his parents are around to keep an eye. Doubt he'd want us drinking our own drink in there though.

EDIT: I've just had my toolkit out and I can dismantle my BBQ. I'll get it in the car somehow! :shock: