Roll Up! Roll Up! The TMBF Rally! IMPORTANT NEW INFO ADDED!!

Susieque

Is anyone bringing gazebos or other forms of shelter just in case the weather is bad, or does anyone know if the big white thent at MFN is still up.

Only reason I ask is that usually willow and I are happy for everyone to hang out in the van, but this time we really dont have any time to turn the van around before we take it on holiday, add to that there will be 6 kids staying in there so we really can't use the van as a bolt hole this time.

Sorry just thought I should let everyone know.

Is anyone bringing gazebos or other forms of shelter just in case the weather is bad, or does anyone know if the big white thent at MFN is still up.

Only reason I ask is that usually willow and I are happy for everyone to hang out in the van, but this time we really dont have any time to turn the van around before we take it on holiday, add to that there will be 6 kids staying in there so we really can't use the van as a bolt hole this time.

Sorry just thought I should let everyone know.

Mark, fully appreciate that you don't want the van messed up before your holidays! We wouldn't expect you to for one minute!

Dunno if Pen has spoken to you but Vicks has bought a big new gazebo and hopefully it'll arrive in time.

Ive got my wellies! Houdini squeezed into my other pair last year and broke them so bought me knew ones.. they're cool!

Banner arrived today :) and gazebo promised for tomoro :)

Banner....oh good - will make us official like! :D

Hope gazebo turns up as expected Vicks - think I'll have to phone about mine and Rennie's costumes tomorrow. I'm going to Telford on Thursday so getting panicky! :lol:

not impressed with MFN customer service...

No, i have to agree.. but never mind eh... its gonna be cracking!!

morale's always best when the chips are down and its wet out...

Tickets for The MotorBike Forum Rally are now on sale!!

17th/18th/19th July 2009 at MFN, Shipley Gate, Nottingham, NG16 3JE

http://www.mfn-club.co.uk/

As well as 2 nights camping, there will be BBQ and breakfast baps available - plus a Bar!

After reading the above posts im thinking twice about this weekend , :roll: The two nights camping sounds like it my be a rain drenched mud bath (glastonbury style , ) :( The venue hasnt anything in the way of entertainment laid on :o . The BBQ and breakfast baps could be a big no if the bar owners attitude is anything to go by . :roll: , (i realise i may be the only voice of decent here ) If the numbers are lower than first thought ( due to the great english weather ) the bar wont be opening at all coz he carnt be arsed :up: , We may have nowhere walm and dry to get pissed up and dry off after the wet trip down on friday . Questions include ...toilets ? Power hookup ...washing/sink ? Chippy ? What did we pay £10 for ??

we have the power hook up, the toilet/shower block will be open,

we are taking BBQ's, there is a supermarket within walking distance

we can get beer and food from there.

the rest of it is completely out of our control!

the people at MFN have always known there would be around 40 of us,

I have no idea why he's backtracking

But I'm damn sure I'm not going to let it spoil my weekend!

And I don't see why it should spoil anybody else's either!

we'll still have a great time! :cheers: :cheers: :lol:

Going to have to call off this weekend. As some of you may know, my Lynne got a chest infection recently. Sitting in a cold wet field with no proper shelter wouldn't be the best idea, and her health is more important to me then anything else.

Also have to agree with MadMally, the customer service of the MFN owners is pretty poor to say the least. I certainlt won't be darkening his doorstep in any future events.

Tickets for The MotorBike Forum Rally are now on sale!!

17th/18th/19th July 2009 at MFN, Shipley Gate, Nottingham, NG16 3JE

http://www.mfn-club.co.uk/

As well as 2 nights camping, there will be BBQ and breakfast baps available - plus a Bar!

After reading the above posts im thinking twice about this weekend , :roll: The two nights camping sounds like it my be a rain drenched mud bath (glastonbury style , ) No, rained heavy last year and I managed to walk around in stilletos

The venue hasnt anything in the way of entertainment laid on :o True, but we never said there was going to be, was decided that for the money they were gonna charge it wasnt worth it.

The BBQ and breakfast baps could be a big no if the bar owners attitude is anything to go by - MFN withdrew this service only a week ago, nothing we could do

(i realise i may be the only voice of decent here ) sorry dont understand that comment.

If the numbers are lower than first thought ( due to the great english weather ) the bar wont be opening at all coz he carnt be arsed - again out of our control.

We may have nowhere walm and dry to get p*ss*d up and dry off after the wet trip down on friday - aww try being a man and roughing it!!

Questions include ...toilets YES Power hookup Think sowashing/sink - paper plates and drink out the can! Chippy - no idea.

What did we pay £10 for - you paid £10 for 2 nights pitch of a tent on someone elses land with toilets and hook up - I think you will find this is more than reasonable!!![/quote]

Hope this has answered your questions. Please remember Sue has gone to great lengths to organise this, through a time when she was extremely poorly too. Now I know she dont expect to be thanked for this, but I do know that she feels responsible for all thats gone wrong, and I would appreciate if people could be supportive and make this the great weekend it deserves to be.

TMBF has always been about people.... and its the people that make the party... not the venue.

Mally, if you want a big organised event with entertainment, hot running water and bar, try MCN Butlins Bash in October - will set you back about £150 though :) I do understand where you're coming from, but please think of other people before posting such a downer of a post.

Just to stick up for Lee and the venue a little.

Lee has always said that if there were less than 20 its not worth his while opening the bar, fair enough it wont cover his overheads and he does have a business to run.

From what I understand we have already sold over 30 tickets so the bar should be open, there are also others who have said they would come and pay on the day.

Weather is not looking bad for the weekend, rain on Fri but dry sat/sun. I agree with vicki, this was never advertised as a big rally with lots of entertainment, if people are interested in big rallies then please start advertising which ones you go to and some of us may join you.

Susie has worked hard to secure a good venue for the snumbers we expected, and to that end if Lee does open the bar lets support him and make it worth his while, as long as we get the numbers expected (30+) then is should be exactly the same as last year the only difference will be no band on the sat night.

Now lets all support this with some positive vibes.

Like Vicki alluded to earlier, the field itself is a nicely manicured lawn-type of affair and not prone to turning into something akin to the Somme on a bad day, so if anyone is worried about getting all Glastonbury-like, you can be assured that it's massively unlikely to happen.

The big white tentlike structure was still up last week (I don't think they actually take it down) and there are tables and chairs aplenty situated underneath it. For those of you that haven't been there before, the giant "gazebo" (for want of a better description) is something like 20-30 feet square, so will provide ample cover should it be needed.

Frankly, I couldn't care less what the weather throws at us.

As we used to say in the Army, "it's character building stuff"!

Looking forward to the weekend immensely, and well done to Mrs Organiser!!

Interesting replys to my post . I did in no way intend to upset or slander the TMBF rally orginizers or the members that have commited to attending . If i have done so i can only say im sorry for offence i may of caused . Enjoy the weekend .