First Aid for Motorcyclists - postponed - lack of interest.

I would like to announce the date for the First Emergency Aid for Motorcyclists course to be held by TMBF.

http://www.sja.org.uk/sja/training-cour ... lists.aspx

http://www.sja.org.uk/sja/about-us/st-j ... rside.aspx

Price £45 (usually £55, arranged £10 discount per person)

When: Sat 23 May 2009 10am-4pm

If you would like to attend this event, please put your name below and send cheque (pm me for address) or via paypal donation button. I place WILL NOT be reserved unless you have paid. We need a minimum of 8 people.

Please not this is the same Saturday as my Bike Party weekend, so feel free to attend both... just put your name down on the Party weekend thread.

Any questions please ask.

Vicki 8-)

i'm in. i'll have to organise funds. ok to use the donate button for this? (will wait until 7 others put their names down though...)
I would like to announce the date for the First Emergency Aid for Motorcyclists course to be held by TMBF.

http://www.sja.org.uk/sja/training-cour ... lists.aspx

http://www.sja.org.uk/sja/about-us/st-j ... rside.aspx

Price £45 (usually £55, arranged £10 discount per person)

When: Sat 23 May 2009 10am-4pm

If you would like to attend this event, please put your name below and send cheque (pm me for address) or via paypal donation button. I place WILL NOT be reserved unless you have paid. We need a minimum of 8 people.

Please not this is the same Saturday as my Bike Party weekend, so feel free to attend both... just put your name down on the Party weekend thread.

Any questions please ask.

Vicki 8-)

ok, so i just skimmed it, not actually reading it... i'll just go and get the "dumbass" stamp out and smack myself on the forehead...

No, i will get the 'clever shit' stamp and smack Tim on the forehead with it :mrgreen:

I did an FBoS course a few weeks back..........well organised, very good presentation and 'practical' exercises, recommended! :-)

Basically it teaches you what to do if you come across a bike 'crash', such as assessing the situation, making safe, what action to take and how and when to remove a helmet, also CPR, logrolling and recovery positions.

Everyone on the course I attended found the course interesting and beneficial, hopefully we will never need to use our new found skills but who knows?

Hi Andy... some members did our own arranged FBoS course, and this is a follow on from that. I felt I needed more first aid knowledge at the scene and wanted to go more in depth with that.

Anything that can help us safe a life has got to be good, but like u say, I just hope we never have to use it.

lol no need to be sorry, just something that was asked for... if we dont get enough people, it dont run.. no probs :)

Enjoy your course... let us know what its like :)

Hi Andy... some members did our own arranged FBoS course, and this is a follow on from that. I felt I needed more first aid knowledge at the scene and wanted to go more in depth with that.

Anything that can help us safe a life has got to be good, but like u say, I just hope we never have to use it.

:oops: I see, good idea..........but Hull is a bit far for me and it's difficult for me to commit to anything at the moment in any case (bloody NHS!)

With the uptake on this so far, i dont think it will go ahead at all.

I will give u details of how to contact them yourselves and go on a course independently.... they are nationwide i believe :)

Postponed... due to lack of interest.

If your interested in doing this... check out the website.... will try again and organise a forum one later in the season.

thats a shame would liked to of done this but that date was a real no go for me as at a gig on the worng side of the pennines (manchester)

that day

must remember to take my Yorkshire passport when crossing over :)

please let us know if there are any new dates later in the year

learner