Do you nod?

lib

<t>Do you nod/wave/stick leg out at other bikers?</t>  

124 members have voted

1. 1. Do you nod/wave/stick leg out at other bikers?

• Yes
    • No

im a new rider myself and got me first bike a couple of weeks ago and i was surprised at how friendly it is to be part of the biking community, feels like a big family, i started nodding at every tom dick or harry with good responses back except the scooter brigade, hoodies on a peashooter, it certainly makes me feel accepted as a biker , keep it up guys.

to all the hoodie scooter boys :up: :booty: :up: :booty: :up: :stupid: :booty: :up: :booty: :up: :booty: :up: :booty: :up: :up: :booty:

Always nod, even at peds and cruisers.

If it weren't for the chrome and winter riding, I'd probably have a cruiser, and I'd nod. Often get nods and waves from groups of cruisers, in fact, on my CBT a big chap on a cruiser flahsed, nodded and waved at the three of us, so not sure where the 'bad press' comes from.

Also chunner away at the ones that don't nod. I expect there'll be a big increase in non-nodders when the fair-weather riders hit the roads in force over the coming months, but maybe I'll be proven wrong.

I'm just curious as to who said "no"?

:stupid: and the reason behind it :D

i said no but thats cos once iv got all my gear on i cant nod :lol:

but i do wave like Korben as said :D

Some bikers do a very subtle wave which is basically just ungripping the handlebar with one hand.

I'm a snob I'm afraid, so many on these KTM's, BMW's ride pass with their noses in the air, if they nod I'll nod back! Tend not to nod to mopeds or the pizza delivery's but always do to other sportsbikes, those on tests & the instructors behind them and even the police bikers :oops:

:shock: alot of people dont get a nod back form us cruiser riders!! i always nod and from cruiser riders i always get a nod or more often a wave back! might be because we're on similar bikes? i often find sports bikes riders wont nod back though! might becuase they're so shocked that a cruiser nodded at them :lol:

either way i nod to every bugger on 2 wheels unless they a chav innit :D

oh and good on ya mightycaz :wink:we'll change the cruiser stereotype

haha i saw about 10 bikes on my 2 hour ride just now (surprised i didnt see more) and i nodded to each one of them, only about 4 nodded back though :( and those 4 were the ones on similar style bikes to mine, so it does seem that a lot of people only want to nod to people on the same type of bike for some reason lol

I nod, even in London where no one seems to nod back. On other routes if there is more than a few riders, I just raise my left hand when i pass them and I always raise my left hand when I overtake another biker. But I have found that not many custom cruiser bikers nod back, nor do those that ride Goldwing type bikes but plods seems to always nod back.

On my trip today across the water, to Birkenhead, i received 3 nods off big bikers :D :D Was well pleased! I should go across more often! Went to Marriott Motorcycles, my nears Yamaha dealer, to see how much a new WR125X will cost. Well i really only went to see if i could find it, which i did, cause i knew it was shut! But maybe there are decent bikers out there who let onto us little 'uns! :D

Got my first nod yesterday. Feels like I've been initiated into the secret biking society now :twisted:

got mine last week or 2, since then every biker ive seen nods at me. And i nod back.

before though i was noddin and nothin, thought maybe was my bike, or lplates or something lol.

Josh

x

Got my first nod yesterday. Feels like I've been initiated into the secret biking society now :twisted:

got mine last week or 2, since then every biker ive seen nods at me. And i nod back.

before though i was noddin and nothin, thought maybe was my bike, or lplates or something lol.

Josh

x

Think you gotta break the seal .. :)

I don't nod, on the continent we raise our left hand but only to other MOTORBIKE riders, 125 riders and 50cc scooters can all catch scurvy :3some:

Hoe onbeleefd, DutchMick!

I don't nod, on the continent we raise our left hand but only to other MOTORBIKE riders, http://i195.photobucket.com/albums/z28/Colin_the_bear/hitler.gif125 riders and 50cc scooters can all catch scurvy :3some:

I only nod on speed bumps and cobbles 8-)

I don't nod, on the continent we raise our left hand but only to other MOTORBIKE riders, 125 riders and 50cc scooters can all catch scurvy :3some:

That's funny, you sound like a nodder to me! :-)

No offence! :D :D :D

(sorry, just couldn't resist a bad joke :-) )

Hoe onbeleefd, DutchMick!

Yes very rude mate, I'd love to hear you pronounce that lol