Do you nod?

lib

<t>Do you nod/wave/stick leg out at other bikers?</t>  

124 members have voted

1. 1. Do you nod/wave/stick leg out at other bikers?

• Yes
    • No

Or try to high 5 him :roll:

I was tempted to high 5 a woman who was trying to shout down a bus with her hand out. Thought it might be a bit dangerous so didn't. :lol:

why not?? would have been sweet :mrgreen: :lol:

There's one guy I nod to every day on my way to work and he never nods back. I'm determined to break his resistance!

You should arrange for all the bikers you know to ride past him with you and all mexican wave to him in one long line. :)

There's one guy I nod to every day on my way to work and he never nods back. I'm determined to break his resistance!

Have you watched his right hand? Some bikers do a very subtle wave which is basically just ungripping the handlebar with one hand.

Just stand up on your pegs and give him a huge left handed wave while nodding. He'll definitely react somehow, just as long as you don't crash. :lol:

And if that don't work, see how he reacts the next day to a middle finger stuck up at him!!! :lol: :lol:

I nod or do the open throttle hand thing.I never flash lights and hate people flashing cos its more of a"beware there's something up ahead"rather than"hello like minded biker"

I nod or do the open throttle hand thing.I never flash lights and hate people flashing cos its more of a"beware there's something up ahead"rather than"hello like minded biker"

:stupid:

Yep. Flashing lights always makes me paranoid too...

gotta say the last few times i've been out on the bike for little ride round that the response has been roughly 50/50. i nod to most bikes, except cruisers (i dont bother with any more due to history of nil response and dirty/strange looks) or mopeds (just don't like em, sorry). always nod to learners on a motorbike, and surprised a few by doing so, i think :lol:

When i was learning i got lots of nods...even had bikers ride with me for short time then gave me the thumbs up and rode off into distance...

wow they made me feel great....

Iv noticed the guys who ride cruiser type bikes are not nodders ...i nod to every biker... :)

I usually see the same bikes on my commute so know which ones will nod and don't bother with those who didn't in the past. For some reason it puts a massive grin on my face whenenver someone nods back, really brightens up my day :D

I nod to those with L plates as I've not long been off them myself.

There is one guy I see most mornings on a scooter (no L plates) who gives me a huge nod. He gets much respect from me as I remember once seeing him slither past while I was waiting at a bus stop in such heavy snow that the bus didn't turn up :lol:

I only just passed my test the other day so im used to riding round with L plates on and it does make you feel good when 'proper' bikers give you a nod. I think the trouble a lot of the time is that you get an awful lot of young chavs on L plates (be it geared bikes or scooters) or at least you do round here anyway... so I dont know if I would nod to that many people on L plates when im on a bigger bike because most of them would probably be thugs thinking i wanted a fight or something haha

I nod at every bike I pass and to my constant suprise get a nod back at least 90% of the time. I say suprise as I ride on L plates and always thought I'd be looked down on by, ahem proper bikers. I have since realised that proper bikers tend to be friendly and all round good folk! :D