Do you nod?

lib

<t>Do you nod/wave/stick leg out at other bikers?</t>  

124 members have voted

1. 1. Do you nod/wave/stick leg out at other bikers?

• Yes
    • No

I nod to everyone, although if there is a line of bikes going in the other direction I just hold my hand up or wave (even on the motorway).

Will nod to peds, but only if they nod first :lol:

Couple of weeks ago a guy came up behind me at the lights.

I held my hand up to wave and he raised his eyebrows.

I was calling him an ignorant prick (to myself). :mrgreen:

I nod, but Ive been told that theres a pecking order with mopeds at the bottom and dont even come into the nodding ladder with cruisers at the top who dont nod at anybody because theyre too good for everybody!!

Ive nodded at bikes before when I've been in my car!

I usually do, not when I'm around London though because no one else seems to nod back. Probably because there are so many bikes down there you'd end up getting a bad neck.

Scoots tend not to in my experience, cruisers sometimes do but I usually just get the "death stare", ooo I'm scared! I nodded at a couple of police bikers once after just passing my test and just got looked at funny so don't nod to cops any more.

Edited by Pete

I always nod....but dont always get one back....so then follows a little chunter of abuse :lol:

Like to nod to guys and gals on the small stuff too (L plates), as I think it makes their day to be acknowledged :mrgreen:

i always nod or wave to oncomming bikers as we are all part of one big biker family :D

no matter what bike they have they still get a nod, even though i might not get one back i dont care. im not stuck up like some other riders :mrgreen:

Even though I ride a cruiser I do nod wave or flash the headlight. I have no issues with acknowledging the inferior sports bike riders. :wink:

TBH I do find that many sports bike riders do not acknowledge me, but I still give them a wave and I stop for them if broken down.

I nod to almost everyone. The only exception is on the motorway if I'm concentrating on what's going on around me then I feel bad for not being able to. I think it's nice to nod to all on L plates. I remember being on my scooter when I was 16 and getting all excited when someone on a big bike made the effort.

Even though im on a cruiser i nod at everyone on a bike ( no scooters though!) Had a chat with a guy at some traffic lights the other day, He said he loved my bike and asked if i was allowed to ride an 800cc with L plates! I told him it was only a 125 an he was gobsmacked!