Do you nod?

lib

<t>Do you nod/wave/stick leg out at other bikers?</t>  

124 members have voted

1. 1. Do you nod/wave/stick leg out at other bikers?

• Yes
    • No

I'v found that since passing my DAS test and dumping my 125, I get a lot more nods, and I always nod at other bikers coming toward me. However, I nodded at one yesterday and he returned the favour with the w@nker sign :cry: There's always one, I suppose!

I always nod if i get chance at anything on 2 wheels, sports, cruisers and if i'm feeling really generous gold wings!!

But sometimes its a little inconvenient depending on what the throttle hand is doing :lol:

And i always make a point of nodding to learners as a kind of form of encouragement

Never as a simple rule ever ever ever nod at scooters.. I dont get that sense of the biking community from them.

All bikes any size I nod at.. Doesnt matter if they had a 50cc single cylinder id still nod or wave.

YET ANOTHER NODDING CRUISER RIDER!!

It's a bit weird sometimes, because some of the "Oooooh look at me I'm a hardcore Harley rider" types won't even nod to another Hogger.

Maybe it's because they're terrified that the unnecessary movement might disturb the polish and wax job on their precious and expensively over-wintered-coccooned-in-an-atmospherically-controlled-tent-only-come-out-on-a-Sunday shiny bike.

Me? My Harley is quite possibly the rustiest in the UK, getting on for 20K on it mostly from commuting daily. I don't give a toss about who rides what* and I will nod to just about anyone or anything out there on the road.

*CAVEAT TIME . . . . unless they're a snot-nosed oik on a chavped with their lid perched on top of their noggin and with no baffles in their pea-shooter exhaust

I nod but like others, peds don't get a nod unless they nod first, unless of course they are traffic wardens and then they'll be lucky if they didn't get my middle finger :D

and also, not beng funny but ummmmmmmmmm 98% & 3%.......wtf?!? :shock:

I nod but like others, peds don't get a nod unless they nod first, unless of course they are traffic wardens and then they'll be lucky if they didn't get my middle finger :D

:lol: :lol: :lol: At least someone listened in Maths!

:lol: :lol: :lol: At least someone listened in Maths!

hehe, I actually failed my maths A Level, however I do have a degree in engineering, that makes about as much sense as 98+3=100 :shock: :D

yup nod most times get a nod bk some times dont nod if am giving a thumb down signal or mid way in bend ect

scooters get nods if am getting carried away also nod if am in the car habit more than ot

think i got a wave from a driver in a open top on saturday i responded but doubt he saw

aslo noded a bike cop same day he did look mighty :shock: but no nod back :lol:

I nod to all motorbikes/scooters. From cruiser to scooter. 90% nod back, from all sorts of different bikes. I figure if they're riding then we share a common interest and deserve a nod.

Had someone on an MX style bike nod and stick his right leg out and wave that too! :lol:

I wanna know who said no they dont nod! Come on mod's use your infinate mod powers and tell us so we can ostresise them!!!

I said I didn't. As a rule I don't. Too many bikes, too much nodding would make me go dizzy, not to mention detracting from concentrating on riding. On a sunny Sunday round here practically every other vehicle is a bike...

However, if someone nods at me I often nod back...

I nod, raise my right hand or stick my leg out unless I'm close to coming off halfway through a corner!

I also wave at anyone and everyone who looks long enough but especially old people and young kids - I think it's good to show respect to the elderly and some kids really seem to like bikes and giving them a wave seems to make their day!

Basically, I try to be the opposite of the cruiser stereotype.

Yes allways . but most of the time without a returned nod . :shock: . spotted a bloke walking with a lid in his hand in my work van today . stopped to see he ok . . . he had dropped his bike off at a local motorcycle dealers for a service ( trading estate ) and wife couldnt start his car to pick him up . He decided to walk home . I offered and dropped him off at home ( About 12/15 miles ) . Good deed for the day . :angel12: . . . Wife didnt know how to use the key fob on his volvo imobiliser :lol: . gotta cuppa for my effort RESULT ! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

When I was on my 125cc with L plates I would never nod unless i got nodded too (which surprisingly was quite often). Now on my speed four I nod to every 'biker' NOT peds and i don't nod if they are being stupid, dangerous or have only got jeans and t-shirts on, but thats cos i am picky. As to hogs I usually salute to them lol.

Nod always even if they don't nod back

do as you do not as others do...

im on a 125 with L plates and as soon as i got on the road i have discovered that "nodding business"

its great...you feel like a part of big community, I always nod and nod back and it always puts a smile on my face