F**k It

Guest noob_biker

Don't get me wrong please but I beleive that Christmas is what you make it. Sure things happen, some bad, some good but, that is life. We tend to notice the bad things more at Christmas as (as Moo says), we put a lot of effort into it and the big build up usually does not end with a fantastic celebration. The weather at this time of year does not help either, short cold and dreary days, salt (or ice0 on the roads, freezing cold, etc. etc. Having experienced Christmas in St Lucia, I can only say it was brilliant but, it did not feel like 'Christmas'. Christmas will always be a time for families (whether you like them or not) and should be a time of forgivness. The slaes hype also does not help - You paid £XXX for that present and it costs less than half that on Boxing Day! Utility bills are higher, trains are cancelled, floods occur, electricity fails, BUT.... There are millions upon millions of people far worse off than you or I.

Bottom line - Think happy thoughts and you will enjoy it more.

Neil will also tell you this of me, I honestly believe that you should remember the good times people had before they died, celebrate their life as you mourn their passing. Anyone who has been to a 'northern' wake will know what I am talking about.

Don't ever give up on hope!

All the best to everyone.

Al

:thumb: Means a good deal to hear something from the heart

I've never been to a funeral or wake, although I am northern.

Hope is kind of the one thing I cling onto in this world.

Knowing how strong my grandad was on our last meeting I hoped he would hold on longer, how he went in the end was sudden, we knew he was ill, but it took him in a matter of days when he gave up.

Hopes and dreams are my little buffer. If I say "hopefully" it often means I want something to happen more than anything in the world, but I don't want to jinx it.

If his passing has done one thing, it's that hopes that you fight to keep, are just as painful when lost as letting them play out naturally. He always told me off for saying "hopefully", and rather than hoping for something to happen I should make it happen. So there's probably a new years resolution in there.

I wonder what next years Christmas will be like? :shock:

Fozzie, my first Christmas without dad and then mum were full of tears, the next few became less and smiles crept back in. The last few, me and my siblings have laughed remembering the good times.

As gog said, remember the good times and thank who ever you believe in for the chance to have had them.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the kind words :)

Heading back down south at the moment on the train.

Funeral was today, it was held in a manner he would have liked. Short, but sweet.

The readings covering his life got quite emotional.

Back to the normal grind tomorrow which deserves a f**k it :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

Second time waster on eBay as I'm selling the Sprint. Last weekend his dad was ill so I waited in all Sunday for him to turn up and he sends me a message in the evening to say he wasn't coming.......then says he will deffo be here this Saturday to collect the bike. Just got a message.....it's raining and his brother can't bring him over until after 4pm and it'll be dark then and he wants to see the bike in daylight!! Do these people not read the eBay rules?.......bid to buy not to come over and take a look!!.....c*nt!!

Relisted again.......f*ck it!!

Of course you'll get a cup of tea GOG.......just don't forget to bring your flask.... :lol: :lol:

There is an Best Offer button Al.....but with some of the offers that are being made I think it is mis-titled......a more accurate title would be "Take the Piss" button......or "I'm having a laugh" button....... :roll:

It's the first weekend I've had off in about a year due to the other half having a "headache". I got all excited about getting out on the bike. Checked the forecast... Monsoon rain all day tomorrow. f**k it.

It's the first weekend I've had off in about a year due to the other half having a "headache". I got all excited about getting out on the bike. Checked the forecast... Monsoon rain all day tomorrow. f**k it.

Just had a mother of down pours here in Nott's. Thunder, lightning, hails stones the works, you would not want to be out on the bike in that!

Just been out for a while.....got back and the cover over the Honda on the drive is nowhere to be seen....and the heavens have opened right on cue..... :roll: Oh well.....I guess the plan is to strip the bike down and probably rewire it.......so everything getting a good soaking is not the end of the world......but, even so......f*ck it!!

• 3 weeks later...
I've got major toothache which kept me up all night - phoned the dentist for an appointment and the earliest they can fit me in is 27th.

Aaaaaaarrrrrgh f**k it!

dissolvable aspirin swilled around the tooth works wonders :thumb:

or if you can bear the taste but the tablet between your teeth and let it dissolve!!

thats what a dentist told me to do a while ago while I had to wait a month!!

dissolvable aspirin swilled around the tooth works wonders :thumb:

or if you can bear the taste but the tablet between your teeth and let it dissolve!!

thats what a dentist told me to do a while ago while I had to wait a month!!

Cheers doc, I'll give it a whirl. :-)

:tumble:

I've never seen the forum so drama free for so long!

The forum needs some more drama... The kind where we get wacky members joining. Been too quiet since Belladonna came and went! And a bit of drama always keeps the place buzzing as that was plain hilarious :popcorn:

Not the, do a naughty thread that gets taken down, people go mad, Fozzie asks them to calm down and gets accused by a couple of silly sods of being the one to take it down when actually he was defending the people who had a problem with it (I didnt give a toss) kind of drama... But drama :lol:

My pop corn is getting cold :popcorn:

f**k it

The forum needs some more drama... The kind where we get wacky members joining. Been too quiet since Belladonna came and went! And a bit of drama always keeps the place buzzing as that was plain hilarious :popcorn:

No f*cking way!! She was a moron, we need Zod kinda drama - miss his hilariousness :mrgreen: !

http://i766.photobucket.com/albums/xx302/BikerMooFromMars/alien_motorbike_postcards-r1e4294f207c247bcaa9d4aca0a22f115_vgbaq_8byvr_324_zpsee4fa0fc.jpg

I've got major toothache which kept me up all night - phoned the dentist for an appointment and the earliest they can fit me in is 27th.

Aaaaaaarrrrrgh f**k it!

*Just seen this*!!!

WTF!

Fro - if you are registered with a dental practice, they absolutely HAVE to see you *that* day if you call in the morning for an emergency appointment - it's part of their duty of care to their patients. NHS rules - they cannot refuse to see you the same day if you give them reasonable notice (i.e. call in the morning). Ask to speak to their manager or you'll complain to the PCT (Primary Care Trust). That's something that would lose them points in their NHS contract, which means less business - or going out of business.

Fools.

Hope you are ok now lovely.

No f*cking way!! She was a moron, we need Zod kinda drama - miss his hilariousness :mrgreen: !

http://i766.photobucket.com/albums/xx302/BikerMooFromMars/alien_motorbike_postcards-r1e4294f207c247bcaa9d4aca0a22f115_vgbaq_8byvr_324_zpsee4fa0fc.jpg

Where did you get a pic of Zod? I thought that was classified!

*Just seen this*!!!

WTF!

Fro - if you are registered with a dental practice, they absolutely HAVE to see you *that* day if you call in the morning for an emergency appointment - it's part of their duty of care to their patients. NHS rules - they cannot refuse to see you the same day if you give them reasonable notice (i.e. call in the morning). Ask to speak to their manager or you'll complain to the PCT (Primary Care Trust). That's something that would lose them points in their NHS contract, which means less business - or going out of business.

Fools.

Hope you are ok now lovely.

It's taken care of itself ta Moo, better cancel the appointment I guess...

Re: drama, if someone has a bit of time on their hands they could always set up a ghost account - "Bellenddonor" or something to irritate us all and drag up ancient threads.