F**k It

Guest noob_biker

This is the F**k It thread.

When nothing's going right,someone's let ya down or ya just need a rant here's the place to do it.

Went to book my cbt on monday and the guy told me that i needed my paper part of my license so i left it till i could find it,anyway decided that i would book it today as i remember it's at my mum's in a drawer and what happen's i wake up to a £493.01 gas/electric bill and now can't afford to do it.

F**k It :cry:

Feck me newb, what you doing, heating and cooking for the whole of Birmingham. :shock:

God knows mate,it's only a 2 bedroom house and i stay in london for 4 days out of every 8 and why i am in london the missus stops with her parents.

Conning barstewards is what i say :evil:

Feck me newb, what you doing, heating and cooking for the whole of Birmingham. :shock:

God knows mate,it's only a 2 bedroom house and i stay in london for 4 days out of every 8 and why i am in london the missus stops with her parents.

Conning barstewards is what i say :evil:

Just a thought but have you checked its not an estimated one :shock:

I`m with mid on this one pal, get it checked and query it BIG time. If your out of the house that long no way it should be that much. I`m still in credit with my leccky bill and I`ve no gas.

waiting on our leccy bill.... they have threatened to do an estimate - bring it on is what i say... our boiler went FUBAR back end of last year and we have been living on fan heaters and a poxy gas fire in the front room since..... i am 99% sure that the estimate (given out last leccy bill of £8) will be LESS by MILES than the real bill !!! hahaha

My leccy company take the pee...

I pay by direct debit and every september when they send me a balance I always ring them up to claim back the £500 too much they have charged me over the last year.

Conversation is always the same..

Them: You have to have a buffer as you use more electric over winter.

Me: I know, but you charge me so much that even over winter I use less than I am paying for so the buffer is always there.

Them: Well we would rather not give you the money back

Me: It's illegal for you to withhold money from a customer.

Them: Is their anything we can do so you won't claim the money back.

Me: reduce my direct debit.

Them: We are not willing to do that.

Me: Give me my money back then.

Them: Yes sir, the money will be back in your account in 10 working days.

Me: Well that was a waste of a conversation. Speak to you this time next year.

To be honest I don't mind it as it's a £500 lump sum all at once!!! :D :D

My leccy company take the pee...

I pay by direct debit and every september when they send me a balance I always ring them up to claim back the £500 too much they have charged me over the last year.

Conversation is always the same..

Them: You have to have a buffer as you use more electric over winter.

Me: I know, but you charge me so much that even over winter I use less than I am paying for so the buffer is always there.

Them: Well we would rather not give you the money back

Me: It's illegal for you to withhold money from a customer.

Them: Is their anything we can do so you won't claim the money back.

Me: reduce my direct debit.

Them: We are not willing to do that.

Me: Give me my money back then.

Them: Yes sir, the money will be back in your account in 10 working days.

Me: Well that was a waste of a conversation. Speak to you this time next year.

To be honest I don't mind it as it's a £500 lump sum all at once!!! :D :D

HAHAHA !!! I know what you mean - better off in my account gathering interest than thiers i'd say !!

They really dont like giving it back..

Our best was about £375 !! GET IN !

Are you leaving everything on standby Noob?

If there's no one home you might as well turn it all off completely, might save you some dosh.

I do leave my tv on standby but after this i might start turning it off.

Thanks for the advice all and i will defo be checking it's not an estimated one.

Most TV's left on standby use about 80% of the power as when they are turned on.... I will be costing you a lot!!

When I don't have my heating on my leccy bill does not even average £50 a month. When I am not there the only things left on are the water tank (It's actually economically better to leave it on as all it does is click on for a while to keep the temp up rather than heating a whole tank from cold), and of course the fridge freezer.

Really think about it mate, and you would be amazed what can be switched off.

Video player, DVD player, Sky Box, Broadband router, Microwave, Oven, mobile phone charger, even a 4 way gang lead which has a little light in it.... Switching them off at the power could save you literally hundreds a year.

Most TV's left on standby use about 80% of the power as when they are turned on.... I will be costing you a lot!!

Not sure where that info's come from but newer TV's use 1% or less of their normal operating power when in standby. Older sets would be in the region of 10%. You have to weigh up the cost of leaving them in standby over the higher failure rate of sets having to start up from cold all the time.

F*ck those Council parking fascists.

Nipped into the Vid/DVD shop to drop off last night's viewing and came out to see one eyeing up my car. I was in a loading and unloading parking bay (cue the 'I'm unloading a DVD' conversation) and spotted him before he managed to start writing or typing anything so got away scot free.

But for pity's sake, the sun is out, I was feeling good and now I'm not.

F*ck it

My lcd tv dpesnt even have a proper off switch would have to unplug, and the wife falls asleep with the tv on so its on sleep so on standby all night.

Oh ands i'm about 600 quid behind with my gas and elec so I have your 500 quid steve :lol:

But f**k it!

My lcd tv dpesnt even have a proper off switch would have to unplug, and the wife falls asleep with the tv on so its on sleep so on standby all night.

Oh ands i'm about 600 quid behind with my gas and elec so I have your 500 quid steve :lol:

But f**k it!

I'm not sure with these TV's as i'm poor and have an old fashioned CRT type BUT on most electronics now a days you can usually hard power them off by holding the power button down for five seconds or so. A quick press usually does standby while a longer press switches off fully usually.