Mikey's Meet now arranged for 28-06-2009

NOW FIXED FOR 28-06-2009 AT WILLINGHAM WOODS 12-1PM CAR PARK

PLEASE CHECK OUT YOU OWN RIDEOUT SECTION FOR ANY DETAILS OF MEETS TO RIDE IN

Roll up! Roll up!

I'm sure you've all seen posts from Mikey's mum Lori on his passion for two wheels, so here's your chance to meet the man himself.

We'd like to take the opportunity to raise some cash for Mikey's hospice too, as Lori's said how fab they are at giving care to Mikey and giving Lori some time to herself. I'm sure we all appreciate that hospices can really make the difference to the lives of the people who use them. In order to do this, it would be great if everyone who comes on the ride can contribute £5. If you'd still like to contribute but can't make the ride then you still can by using the site 'donate' button, and putting a message in that the donation is for Mikey's Meet.

It is not compulsory to make the donation in order to attend the ride! The purpose of the meet is to make Mikey smile with lots of bikes arriving just for him.

Lori has said dates are easy over the next few weeks so I've bunged a poll up. Please select all of the days that you can make (you can select up to 7 dates). If all of the dates are ok then please select, "all of these dates are fine for me". Whichever day has the greatest number of potential attendees will be the meet. I have stuck to weekend days.

Fleat's got Mikey a mini basil brush and we will be handing over a hoody for Mikey as a gift too.

Any questions, please PM me or post here.

EDIT: Willingham Woods, meet between 12 and 1pm in the car park.

poll removed, fixed date added (rennie)

Edited by mojobanana

The only one i definetly cant do is the weekend of the 20th. But i dont want to commit myself just yet in case i cant come so only put this sunday at the weekend following the 20th. HOpefully should make it, sounds like itll be a rewarding ride :thumb:

there is a local bike meet place called willingham woods and if we can have it on a sunday then there will be loads of other bikes there too plus cafe

my suggestion is thats were we meet inc mikey and his mum :) and follow in convoy to mikeys house for a cuppa i m in the local meet places (on the map) if anyone has any problems just get in touch and i will try and help sort

you wouldnt believe how many times i have come to reply to the thread and then the phone has rang or something...

anyway... you'll probably tell me off for saying this but im saying it again anyway... THANKYOU from the bottom of my heart. Really cant wait to meet you all and for you to meet my boy!

As i said to Jo, all are good for us and we will do as we are told as to where. All welcome here, at willy woods, at hospice (though think they'd need warning if went there lol.. I have mentioned this to them and they like me are touched and so very happy)

Still completely overwhelmed here!

Cant do any of those im afraid.... too busy before op, then 3 weeks without being able to drive after.. :(

However, the later in the year the better, so i can make sure i got mikeys fleece delivered, but if not will get it to him when im better...

Vicki :)

Cant do any of those im afraid.... too busy before op, then 3 weeks without being able to drive after.. :(

However, the later in the year the better, so i can make sure i got mikeys fleece delivered, but if not will get it to him when im better...

Vicki :)

Hoping to bring Mikey to the rally which is a the weekend before his birthday so will hopefully be able to introduce him to you then ;) (and note to self, must PM susieque about rally!) andhope exam went well the other day, was thinking about you. xx

Ah ok then... well will give him the stuff as a birthday present from us all at the rally then :)

ps.. got 92.5% came 2nd out of more than 80 lol... amazed!! xx

Thanks for all your responses folks!

Sunday 28th June seems to be the favoured day so pop it in your diaries now! We'll ride to Willy Woods and I'll suggest between 12noon and 1pm as the meet time.

Anyone who wants my moby number for the meet, please PM me. My bike isn't stickered as TMBF, but if you tell me where to park/stand so I can be found then just shout (I never been to Willy woods before).

A list of confirmed attendees so far..

mojobanana

MtotheJ

fleat

nman1

cleedubber

Korben

Tinkerbell

Dan and TheWife

lee4 (poss)

Please copy and add to the list if you're able to come along. 10 bikes so far!

Thanks again folks!

Myself, tenko, taz, and keith wont be able to make it, will be in Assen 8-) .... so Lori.. will see you both for Mikeys birthday at the rally :)

Thanks for organising Jo xx

ok i'll try again...seems he had "wriggled" and was oxygenating his lughole so guess that was a bit uncomfortable lol resettled now...

anyway, you wouldnt believe how excited i am about this...never mind lil man!! Just so you know, due to his learning diffs there is no way of even hinting at what is going to happen so really will be a huge suprise to him..

really cant put into words how much this has touched me from the moment you first suggested it to now...overwhelmed is an understatement!

I had the family support worker here from the hospice today and we talked more about it, they too are so grateful. I did pm susique about the rally and mentioned about publicity for the forum because of this, i know you are all doing it for my lil man but any publicity for the forum is good and i know the hospice are big on getting places/people recognised for how they help them.. dont know what all your feelings are on this, whether you want a local rag to come and take a piccy or whatever they do. Im OK with it because the stars are Mikey and you guys.

I'll pm you my number Jo and happy to pm to anyone else who wants it, let me know.

Willy woods is bikers heaven..lots of bikers and toilets and bacon butties and a lil dude who will be there with a big grin. I will make sure we there nice and early cos you'll know us...wheelchairs have their assets as in easier to recognise first before the person.. but am sure you'll spot mikeys smile a mile off anyway. There is a bit where lots of bikes park and the other bit for cars...i will park in the car bit so bikers who dont know what's going on dont tell me off :D n then I'll come over to where you'll see us... you'll have to approach us though as i'll look like a right weirdo (well prob do anyway pmsl) asking random bikers if from the TMBF lol

lots i want to say... but i'll shut up for now.

Lori (who is sat here with a huge cheesy grin :-))

Just a thought about where to meet

As Willy Woods is always so busy and hard to find anyone you're meeting there at the best of times, maybe the best place to meet is over in the other car park, at least there is a better chance of all getting parked together ??

i live just a few short miles away so if you guys want to join me in grimsby first and we all travel together thats up to you if you would like it then i will pm my adddress and postcode so you know were your going

Lori would be nice to get some publicity for the hospice, the forum, and summat positive for bikers in general... if you need any info on forum, let me know... xx

i live just a few short miles away so if you guys want to join me in grimsby first and we all travel together thats up to you if you would like it then i will pm my adddress and postcode so you know were your going

Think that would take a few out of their way, but I'll join you to rde out there as I'm in Humberston