Module 2 passed !!

Thanks all.

Houltmac, nerves are normal as long as you control them, and use them to sharpen your concentration - then they can be a positive thing.

I had a ride round with my instructor before the test and he took me on the route (unknowingly to me). We made sure my road position was correct, that I was doing all my lifesavers, that I was handling junctions ok, couple of hill starts, one way streets, STOP junctions not just Give Way junctions. Previous to this I had 6 hours training the day before, and to be honest my head was full of things, but it all made the actual test easier. All you have to do is ride safely and normally for 30 minutes without making any mistakes if poss.

I had two minors, one was not signalling to move out from a stop, and the other was hesitation. I felt it just wasn't safe to pull out - the traffic was heavy and the gaps small, I erred on the side of caution / safety and waited, knowing this would only result in a minor, rather than pulling out and taking a risk of a fail if I had made someone brake hard.

It was very windy and very heavy showers, but they didn't cause me any problems, so just book it up and don't worry, the examiner was a good friendly chap too.

Thanks for the comment. I rode for 4 hours in unfamiliar roads on Wednesday with only a few minors, and then yesterday I had perhaps 2 minors all day. Somehow, to and from the Mod 1 I was most relaxed. I get more nervous when I'm not on the bike; perhaps thats a good thing.

Anyway, thanks for the words of encouragement and ride safe. I'll be trying to join the ranks soon.

Congrats mate, passed my mod 2 on the same day as you.

Great feeling ripping the L plates off :)

Now to the bike shop to see what i'm gonna trade my 125 in for!!