What are you wearing...

...when out on the bike?

A helmet obv, but what else? and plz dont just say leathers, i wanna know stuff like if its armored or not. i wanna know what you lot wear protection wise, as im thinkin of getting a bigger bike (obv cant atm, but i can still dream...) and seen those jeans tht are abrasion proof etc (cuz i know i wouldnt put leathers on every day to take them off 5 mins later, i would want summin to b in all day) but it doesnt have armor, so was just wandering what u lot do.

long run:

helmet

leather gloves with knuckle protection

leather jacket with foam padding in the back and elbow protection

leather trousers with knee protection

leather boots with ankle protection and rubber thing on top to stop gear lever rubbing

:)

on a normal (going to the shop) run:

helmet

leather gloves with knuckle protection

leather or textile jacket with foa padding in the back, shoulder protection and elbow protection

jeans (normal jeans.... yes i know they'll last about 2 seconds skidding down the road)

shoes (usually my DC's......... also yes i know they'll probally fly off as soon as my *ss leaves the seat :D)

usually helmet, gloves and jacket

if im going on a spirited ride then usually add boots + leather bottoms (knee sliders are perma on).

or say if i know im going to take the long way home etc then ill add boots to my original list (although not all the time)

one of the things i kinda shouldn't have done was when i had an hour break at college, only had helmet gloves and boots, went for a rather spirited ride, it was also a bit overcast/wet/ cold. I was alittle cold afterwards :lol: .. although i was rather going for it, would have been screwed if i came off :shock: :oops:

EDIT: Jacket had armour/shoulder and back protector built in, bottoms have hip, knee and shin armour.

when i was knocked off my rather loose fitting vans didnt come off, didnt even get a hole in my jeans :?

Edited by Anonymous

Track or long runs - Duccinni 1 Piece - Armour all over - with go faster hump.

Everyday - Jewel Leather trousers, not much armour but very comfy - Fieldsheer Mach 2 jacket, mesh with excellent armour which is rock hard, great for warm days. And wear a Spada textile jacket for rainy days which the armour in is piss poor. I use my Frank Thomas boots on dry days and my Nitro boots on rainy days. Akito gloves with carbon fibre everywhere for small journeys as there my first gloves and are soft and supple. And RST Chicane gloves for track and long journeys. And on hot days I use my Alpinestars SMX gloves, which have hard injected resin protection. And on the rainy days my Akito mega warm gloves which are padded with about half an inch of leather.

Helmet for everday road use is RST Cobravent

And for long journeys and track I use my G-Mac Radar which I normally have my silver mirror visor.

And now my new track helmet is a Arai Chaser Fluoresent Yellow which my cousin has decided to buy me out of impulse

Edited by DeeJ

my commute:

TCX infinity boots

Heingericke leather jacket and trousers with armour

Alpinestars gloves leather or textile depending on the weather

lid

buff

earplugs

on a long run:

arai chaser helmet

frank thomas 2 peice leathers with prtoction in all the right areas

clover gloves with knuckle and finger protection

sidi vertigo boots

and a quick run to the shops:

as above!

All the gear all the time ;-)

Commute / bimbling to see friends:

RST Lid w/ mirrored visor

Frank Thomas Leather Jacket - shoulder & elbow padding, foam back protection.

Armoured Leather gloves, fully padded fingers and knuckles.

RST Kevlar Jeans - Minus the knee pads, pass as normal jeans them. I'm wearing them now, dead comfy. :D

Leather & armoured boots.

Spirited ride:

Original list but leathers bottoms w/ knee sliders and full padding etc in place of jeans.

Long run - hein geriche 2 piece with full armour, alpinestar boots, carbon gloves, balacalva, arai chaser lid

Track - Frank thomas 1 piece, knox back protector, alpinestar boots, carbon gloves, neck warmer, box lid

Shop run - minimum of shorts, trainers, t-shirt and lid (whatever is closest), basically whatever I have on at the time...

Man City socks (Home)

Man City Shorts (Home)

Man City Top (Home)

Sidi vertabrate Boots

Hein Gericke two peice Leathers

Black Necker

Oxford hood (Keeps ear plugs in place)

Shoei Lid

RST Helmet £70

kevlar plated leather gloves £14

padded leather trousers £1.60

padded leather jacket £5.00

Diadora boots £16.00

cold and rainy all the above + thermal liner gloves,balaclava and fluresent Jacket

This is wether I am going 1 mile or 100 miles :cheers:

Man City socks (Home)

Man City Shorts (Home)

Man City Top (Home)

Sidi vertabrate Boots

Hein Gericke two peice Leathers

Black Necker

Oxford hood (Keeps ear plugs in place)

Shoei Lid

Should the worse happen, I pray the medics are not Man U supporters. You could wake up with your genitalia stitched to your head. :-D

Most days:

RST kevlar jeans

RST Chicane Gloves

Tuzo Pulse leather jacket

Diora boots

Caberg Trip helmet

Rain:

Weise X-Blade II Jacket (cheesy name, good kit)

Jeans etc as above

Cheap-arse Lidl waterproof (which works really well)

Cold:

Weise jacket etc above

ancient JTS cordura over-trousers

glove liners

And...dare I say it....hi-viz vest when its dark...

All the kit.... All the time.

Arai Tour X3 Helmet

Necktube

Lug plugs

Hein Gericke 3D Shirt

Hein Gericke 3D Trousers

Hein Gericke TRG GTX Jacket

Hein Gericke TRG GTX Trousers

Forcefield Pro Sub4 Back Protector

Alpinestars SMX+ Boots

Hein Gericke Pro Sports Gloves

As well as a walk in wardrobe jam packed with spare stuff.

Discount at Hein Gericke and being a bit of a kit collector helps.

Man City socks (Home)

Man City Shorts (Home)

Man City Top (Home)

Should the worse happen, I pray the medics are not Man U supporters. :-D

No worries there i only ride around Manchester :up:

This is taken directly from MCN this week, written by Kevin Ash

Lesson We Can Learn From California

"I'm writing this on a break in California, the home of advanced political correctness and litigation. If something goes wrong its never your fault, there's always someone you can sue.

Its also very hot here,and sure enough,the roads are full of motorcycles,mostly big,heavy ones with Vtwin engines,and the home brewed badge,but plenty of others too.

And even here,the riders are perfectly happy wearing T shirts, shorts, even flip flops,and certainly nothing like the anal British biker clad in 1.2mm of lined ox hide from neck to ankle, sweating and red, dripping unpleasantly and desperately uncomfortable.

What is it with the British and safety? No where else in the world are riders so scared of themselves and other road users, and this despite us having some of the safest roads anywhere! Frankly, its embarrassing."

I must say i agree with his view entirely. Wear what you feel comfy in, as long as you fulfil your lawful duty of wearing a helmet, properly fastened, you have done all you need to do.

On a ride out

either spada textile jacket and hg leather trousers

or

hg leather jacket and trousers

to work or nipping out one of the above jackets and jeans

always boots and gloves and one of 2 agv lids!

Commute / bimbling to see friends:

RST Kevlar Jeans - Minus the knee pads, pass as normal jeans them. I'm wearing them now, dead comfy. :D

Are kevlar jeans hot? like would you get hotter in them than you would in jeans?

For commute:-

Arai RX-7 Corsair helmet

Richa, Emple leather jacket

Richa, Slider leather trousers.

Sidi Vertigo boots or Hein Gerrick Gortex if raining

BKS Gloves

For weekend blasts

All above except for a BKS Silverstone one piece instead of the jacket and trousers.

Imortal Winter Gloves

Textile Black/Urban camo jacket

Textile Urban Camo Jeans both armoured

KBC Force RR lid (Blue) / Arai AstroJ (Black)

Boots (Swift) and placcy bag liners to keep feet dry...

Or

IXS Blue/Black Leathers

Summer Gloves

Boots (Swift)

Arai AstroJ /KBC Force RR

What is it with the British and safety? No where else in the world are riders so scared of themselves and other road users, and this despite us having some of the safest roads anywhere! Frankly, its embarrassing."

cheers for that Pete! :lol: :lol: :lol:

cheers for that Pete! :lol: :lol: :lol:

You are very welcome Derek :cheers:

im bassically a walking advertisment for RST atm but the shop that flogs them give mem military discount so its all good.

RST Razor Jacket

RST WP Boots

RST Race Moto gloves

Draggin Jeans

matt black xr1100

and in the winter a sheap textile suit and those crazy two finger gloves from HG they look mental but really warm. Ive also got a EDZ windproof suit thats awesome for those days when its a bit chilly but too warm for textiles.

Guy