whats your favourite PC games?

NathanJ

For those of you who love MW/COD etc etc, this is where it all began. The first 'First Person Shooter' game.

You young whippersnapper, Doom wasn't first. Honestly, kids of today... :)

">

For those of you who love MW/COD etc etc, this is where it all began. The first 'First Person Shooter' game.

">

:D You slag! I was in two minds what one was first, didn't know offhand so opted for Doom!! :D

I'll raise you an ascii implementation of Nethack (anyone else ever play it?)

Not QUITE fps, but wolfenstein owed a lot to it for the "dungeon" layouts.

• 4 months later...

Ahhhhh....lots!

Half life 1

Deus Ex (original)

Alien Vs Predator (original 1)

Quake 4 - The one by Raven software, utterly brilliant :)

">

Prey

Vampire masquerade: Bloodlines

Dark Messiah of Might & Magic

Morrowind

Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory

Battlefield 2

Battlefield 1942

Elder Scrolls: Oblivion

Far Cry

Fallout 3

Combat Flight Simulator

DCS: A10

Why are there no cool bike riding games then ? huh ? huh ?

Lost and dammed is pretty cool but Not a fraction of bike games as car games

How about Pizza delivery boy - race through the streets of london on ye piagio trying to get pizzas delivered before they go cold

Emergency bikers - race around birmingham bringing medical aid to fallen pedestriens

Power ranger Bikers - Race the M3 trying to outrun the cops

any takers :D

How about Pizza delivery boy - race through the streets of london on ye piagio trying to get pizzas delivered before they go cold

Emergency bikers - race around birmingham bringing medical aid to fallen pedestriens

Xbox 360 has a game called test drive unlimited... It is based on a Hawaiian island and has over 1000 miles of road to explore. Takes a good 2-3 hours to go round the outer edge of the map going as fast as you can.

Has 125 cars and about 20 bikes but the bikes are all you need, I used to go on cruises with mates across the island. Was the only way I could ride a bike, my favourite of course was the MV Agusta F4 :love:

Test drive unlimited 2 just came out, they didnt put bikes in it but they claim there is a huge bike pack coming so they can work on the rider dynamics :mrgreen:

• 4 months later...

Generally accepted best bike racing game out there is GP500. It's a bit long in the tooth these days (1999) but the physics are still unsurpassed for a bike game.

http://www.gp500store.co.uk/phpBB2/ is the most active forum still keeping it going, people still make mods for it

http://www.gp-bikes.com

This looks very interesting but it all seems to have gone a bit quiet recently. The forums are still.... going (active's a bit of a strong word) so I'm not completely giving up hope.

Problem is with a bike game how do you simulate the controls? With a car game it's easier: wheel, pedals, shifter....

Short of this:

">

it's difficult to simulate a bike.

And the Mrs questioned my sanity when I spent £200 on a set of pedals for my rig last month, I dread to think how much this would cost or how quickly the divorce would come through :)

• 10 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Oh man games were my addiction. Some people get addicted to drugs, some booze for me its GAMES!

Quit as a new years resolution and haven't played a computer game in 2013.

I now do much more productive things like watching tv :lol: