Passed mod2 :)

Yes! The day has finally come. I am starting my DAS tomorrow (if the instructor didn't forget haha, it happened to me when I was learning to drive). As far as I know I will have Mod1 on Monday morning and Mod2 on Friday.

Do you have any useful advice?

I can't wait :cheers:

Edited by jacol

4hrs riding on Wednesday, 4 on Thursday. Then Mod1 practice on Saturday/Sunday, but don't know how long. Then 1h practice before Mod1, and we didn't discuss yet how much riding before Mod2 I will get. The price includes tests I hope :lol: I don't remember what the guy said. Even if that's not the cheapest, I still want to do it with them as I had great day when was doing CBT. And all thanks to Cobbz, cos he recommended them to me. :)

Thanks guys.

So I had my first day today, and woohhhooo, how awesome!

I was supposed to be there around 10am, as it's 20 miles away I decided to leave at 8 oclock, just in case I got lost or something, as I don't accept being late.

I'm chuffed because John was praising me almost the whole time, although there are small things that I need to work on. He said my control of the bike is great :D We practiced emergency stop, and the avoidance manouvre - not as scary as I thought! At the end he said, because I was doing so well he would take me to twisty country roads to have some fun. AWESOME! And I did my first overtake on one of those country road, at 60mph :lol: That kind of speed is still out of my comfort zone I have to say, but I'll get used to it. My hands, neck and ears hurt at the moment.

And then I got on my 125 to ride home and I thought it was broken because it didn't accelerate

or brake like the 500cc :lol: :lol:

And then I got on my 125 to ride home and I thought it was broken because it didn't accelerate

or brake like the 500cc :lol: :lol:

I know what you mean :roll: Glad its going well :cheers:

The first time I did this bloody thing, without any practice :roll:

I'm not sure if you mean you hadn't practiced it and this was your 1st time, in which case that was a bit silly. If you mean you done it once before no problems, still should practice it, same goes with all of the simpler things. lad who was jsut before me on his mod one failed on moving it from one parking space to another, just cos he got caught out on it.

Either way, unlucky, guessing your retaking soon? get that practice in!

And nice, now you have good motivation as you can jsut go look at it and think 'yeh I want to ride that' :mrgreen: (at least thats what I did, but at bikes in the dealership :oops: lol)

Was supposed to practice on Saturday, but it was frosty so I couldn't, the instructor said "you have to ride 20 miles in these conditions to get here, don't risk it, you'll nail it anyway". And it was my first ever attempt on a 500cc. I would have a mod2 on Friday if I passed but it had to be cancelled. Another mod1 attempt on Monday..

Was supposed to practice on Saturday, but it was frosty so I couldn't, the instructor said "you have to ride 20 miles in these conditions to get here, don't risk it, you'll nail it anyway". And it was my first ever attempt on a 500cc. I would have a mod2 on Friday if I passed but it had to be cancelled. Another mod1 attempt on Monday..

Bummer mate, best of luck for Monday :0)

Stu

Good luck with the figure of eight....

Its also worth knowing that when making the turn around the top cone feel free to take a little larger turning circle topside of it to allow you to come back in close to that cone giving you max space for the next cone/turn.

• 4 weeks later...

Right, so I was too embarassed to write anything after I failed mod2 second time. Everything was perfect except because of all that stress I didn't tuck in my left foot and guess what. What an idiot. :lol:

I had another go today. Day started very badly, on my way to the instructor I locked up front wheel on some bloody diesel, and almost hit car in front because I had to let the brake go... Anyway, there was different examiner than previously, awesome. This one was much friendlier so I calmed down a bit. Had 48KM/H on the avoidance so had to do another attempt which I think was 52KM/H. I had 57 on the emergency stop and he said I have done it very well, especially considering it was wet :cheers: Oh and I was a bit wobbly on the slow ride because I was too close to him and wanted to make more room and almost stalled, but hey, I don't care now.

• 4 weeks later...

So yesterday, at about 9pm I received a phone call from my instructor asking me if I'm ready for today's test. The only problem was that he never called me to say he booked it for me :lol:

Anyway, I am surprised how calm I was :shock: And the test itself went very quickly! Passed with 4 minors: cut corner entering the test centre at the end, stopped at the kerb too fast, moved to close to the kerb while turning left x2 :shock: Instructor was telling me to move to the left, but this examiner didn't like it, weird.

Oh and I had a flat tire yesterday, inflated it and in the morning it was flat again. It would take me about 3h to get to my instructor using public transport so I inflated it again and took the risk. Got there somehow but now both tire and tube are buggered completely so I left the bike at his house and got home by train and bus. In full bike gear. On such a hot day. :wink:

And I don't know how to get the bike back :cry:

Well done mate :thumb: So, what bike are you getting? :wink:

Bought a Fazer back in January, day before I failed the first mod1 :lol: It's been sitting in garage waiting for me. :love:

rennie: Yeah I imagine it's a new world. My 125 was annoying me lately because of how slow it is, how poop the brakes are how light it is (was blown across the lanes in recent strong winds) :lol: