Possible further Rally.

Ben Whitcher

I dont do camping......

Cant see many wanting to travel to far.... i would think if u keep it to the north or south the majority of attendees will be from not so far a field.... unless u pick the midlands........

Well im hoping that the weather over the next months will pick up so they say. As its very rare we get a completely poor summer. Ker- Im, not organizing it all by myself :) I need some help too, peoples opinions as this isn't the forum rally. Wales is a very good idea however people that are up the north. Danny-b etc might not like to drive down that far and vice versa. So will have to come to an agreement that southerns will have to travel along with northerners this time.

Not just on there door step. Also like Ruthie pointing out not everyone likes camping. I hate it however if that is the only option then ill do it. So need to take in to account a location that accommodates people.

why dont you google some static caravan sites. They all do weekend deals out of the holiday season. It would be reasonable prices if say 6 are sharing plus you get the entertainment and use of swimming pool and for you young ones there is usually a slide and a few swings and if you really lucky maybe a roundabout :mrgreen:

why dont you google some static caravan sites. They all do weekend deals out of the holiday season. It would be reasonable prices if say 6 are sharing plus you get the entertainment and use of swimming pool and for you young ones there is usually a slide and a few swings and if you really lucky maybe a roundabout :mrgreen:

Ooooooo swings AND a roundabout ...............................count me in. :D

Soz fully booked for Sept.

If anyone's interested I can give you links to some of the places we looked at for this year's rally.

The main reason we discounted most of them was that they wouldn't allow people to take/drink their own alcohol on the camping field - expected you to buy from the pub.

September pretty busy for us too!

a caravan place sounds like a good idea, wasnt that kean on the tent,

would take alot of organising

i think if it was further than we had to go on fri i prob wouldent come, 4/5 hours travel is quite enough,

many of us have kids which takes alot of organising also,

Its not just as easy as finding a campsite that people are willing to ride to.

The Rally is a one off yearly event to get as members together and cause a North/South divide. If you think of what Sue & rennie had arranged this Year.

Conveinient location

Let us Bring our own beer

We had our own room for entertainment (large enough for all of us)

B&B for non campers

Electric hook up for camper vans

Good roads and organised rideouts

Equipment for music and karaoke (at Sue & Ian's own expense)

Thats the reason i said to just try to organise a camping weekend or start with some rideouts

I was really annoyed i missed this years rally as i was only able to come on the Saturday and it was heavy rain and thunderstorms most of the day so didn't make the journey. I would be up for another meet tho and as i live in the midlands any locations is fine with me.

Its not just as easy as finding a campsite that people are willing to ride to.

The Rally is a one off yearly event to get as members together and cause a North/South divide. If you think of what Sue & rennie had arranged this Year.

Conveinient location

Let us Bring our own beer

We had our own room for entertainment (large enough for all of us)

B&B for non campers

Electric hook up for camper vans

Good roads and organised rideouts

Equipment for music and karaoke (at Sue & Ian's own expense)

Thats the reason i said to just try to organise a camping weekend or start with some rideouts

Do have to add that it was definitely a team effort - we certainly didn't organise it on our own!!

Oh and one good thing about the rally no money needed up front and people only paid if they turned up.

Do not pay anything out of your own pocket, if we organise anything like that then you post where your going and when and people look after there own bookings.

The other option of course is to find an existing event, rally or party and see if you can generate enough interest for a mass attendance.

This has been done at a number of events from racing to rallies and camping weekends or events.

Above all make sure you are not out of pocket and do not pay for anything up front, and have fun........ its the last bit that really helps.

Which reminds me, it must be time for another pudding run - someone remind willow :angel12:

Exactly 100% agree with what has been said. To be honest i think it will be a cracking idea to do another one. However its going to take everyone's opinions to generate it. I did ask about an existing event like the Hull bike show etc however people wanted it to be unique. Therefore we need to look into a camp site. If the organizers of the rally could step forward and help me/everyone that would be great otherwise its going to a plan that fails. To be honest i don't really want to be waiting another year for the 2012 rally especially not knowing where i will be or what i am doing (could be the same with others)!!

Hopefully we can sort something.

If the organizers of the rally could step forward and help me/everyone that would be great otherwise its going to a plan that fails. To be honest i don't really want to be waiting another year for the 2012 rally especially not knowing where i will be or what i am doing (could be the same with others)!!

It's not just as easy as that.... it's taken Dan, Akey, Yorbandit, Susieque and Rennie, MoJo.... over 7 months to organise.....

Whatever happens you need to bear it mind it will not compete with this years main rally.

It would probably be more like a group of people meeting up for a ride and staying overnight.

Others have to wait.....and no-one knows what they will be doing in a year or so! It's the point of an annual rally...due to the length of time organising e.t.c

Good luck if you manage it, but it's a big big ask and may be you need to start thinking on a smaller scale (not amount of people, as I can't vouch for them - just scale of events)

:stupid: "Here, here Ruthie - thank you" spoken out loud!!

It does take a lot of planning to put on the annual rally & a lot of us are already involved with planning our stand at the Hull Motor Show!

I'm not saying don't plan another get-together - it's a good idea. However speaking for myself I'd rather step back from being involved in helping to organise anything else at the moment.

But by all means go ahead & get planning - if you need any advice then just ask any of us that organised the rally. :)

Exactly 100% agree with what has been said. To be honest i think it will be a cracking idea to do another one. However its going to take everyone's opinions to generate it. I did ask about an existing event like the Hull bike show etc however people wanted it to be unique. Therefore we need to look into a camp site. If the organizers of the rally could step forward and help me/everyone that would be great otherwise its going to a plan that fails. To be honest i don't really want to be waiting another year for the 2012 rally especially not knowing where i will be or what i am doing (could be the same with others)!!

And the Hull Bike Show camping is my back garden lol... and though its big it would be a bit of a squeeze for a rally!

TMBF will only be holding 1 big rally a year in the midlands so both Scottish and Southern folk can attend.

As said, organise a smaller event for people near to you. Thats what we do and regularly have smaller events at my house or Sue and rennies..... and I know akey does similar round his way.

Hope you manage to organise something. :)

I wasn't planning or been told that it was a small scale rally. We were still hoping for people to come from the north/south up to a suitable location. But to be honest i know im not going to top anything im only suggesting an idea which was mentioned by countless members. I am by no means the organizer, just thought i would suggest something. If it can't be done then so be it. A year it will be however it would be nice to see people.

:|

It can be done... you can use the forum to organise whatever you want to... and if countless people are interested im sure one of them will be able to support you to organise it :)

TMBF Yearly Rally is organised by Mods and Admins for you..... but nothing to stop anyone else organising another one :)

People dont wait a year to see each other, I arrange things regularly with friends on here who come up from as far down as Southampton and as far north as Glasgow.

You have been given lots of tips throughout the thread, so to start with you could get a list of names and rough dates you were thinking of?

there is no limit on size mate, its just that the team that organise the annual rally wont be doing a second one as it takes alot of time and effort to organise and sort. Its also the same people who organise a number of other smaller events as well and as with everything its all done in spare time, not that anyone has a problem with it but there are limits to how much time people will give over to a hobby / obsession :mrgreen:

If you want another event then by all means go for it, but dont expect someone else to organise it for you, those that organise events and the rally have offered to give you or anyone else advice.

If you dont want to organise anything, then keep an eye out on the forum as there will be a number of other events coming up throughout the year :cheers:

so we need 3 rallies a year then. 1 northern, 1 southern, and 1 in the midlands somewhere. then everyone's happy. :D

Apart from the Scots, since the "middle" of the UK is north of Hadrians Wall, a small fact often overlooked by those south of the border. Apparently.

Still, we let them grow all our pine trees for us, what more do they want? :D