Camping weekend Lakes Aug 19th

TC

Spoke to Gareth we're going to organise a camping weekend in Keswick the lake district.

Its not another rally its camping, drinking around a campfire and a rideout. We did it last year and it was good.

So if you fancy some great roads with fantastic views and good company.

Not sure on cost's ATM last year we all chipped in togerther for food.

Add your name below.

TC Dave

The plan for the weekend is to arrive Friday at the camp site situated just outside Keswick where we will pitch up our tents, (numbers is not an issue) there is a mass of space for tents. There is also a very secure area to park bikes and cars which will be in our Line of Sight whilst camping.

1992075293_keswick(1).jpg.8994995cc05dbb40b725f71897c31ab4.jpg

This is one of the few campsites where you can have a proper stone fire on the floor and it has a very relaxed and chilled atmosphere. I will be cooking for everyone who comes and making sure your basic needs are covered. (I said basic!)

The campsite has very good showers and toilet facilities which are cleaned every morning.

There is a nice stream that will run through our camping area where we can keep beer and drinks COLD!

I have a nice route for a ride out on the Saturday and Keswick town itself is only 10 mins away and worth a look.

Saturday night more camping around a fire.

Hope you can make it folks

Some pics from last year <-----------

keswick01.JPG.c42e2e1ea2fbafc17345f7611a26d518.JPG

keswick02.JPG.5dd6215d9c0e0f9accb8a4a91dd04e65.JPG

The address is:

Bridge End Farm

Thirlmere

Keswick

Cumbria

CA12 4TG

if you come via the Lakes, and Grasmere, up Dunmail Raise (bloody big hill), short dual carriageway, then take the first left, you travel down the inside of Thirlmere, which is a nice run.. at the junction take the right (you will be at the end of the reservoir) and go over the Dam, towards the A591, campsite is before you get to the main road.

alternative, stay on A591, ride down the side of the reservoir, past the car park before heading down hill past the Travellers Rest pub, take the first left and into the camp site.

I'm going to say hopefully yes, plausible hopeful but this pub contract roll-out should be starting tomorrow and its been put back again, 3 months in a row now.. I just don't know..

If i am not working that Sunday then yes i will be there.

BB

if i can find anypossible way of swinging this i will come. but i will have to work the friday, so would be a late arrival, and ive promised to be at cadwell on the sunday, so it might be a tricky one . will let you know soon as i work out if it can be done lol

I'm going to see what I can do work-wise...missed it last year and it looked like you had a really great time. I have to be in work on the 17th and 18th but I've tentatively booked the long weekend.

TC

GARETHNW

YORBANDIT + MUZ

REVS

Decor58 (Probs)

Boothy

Devans

mojobanana (tentative - tent-ative, geddit?! I'll get me coat...)

Talking to Gareth he said if we chip in for food about £5-7 a day (i think).

He said he'll cook the food, a Bacon buttie in the morning and a pot mess/chilli in the evening,

this will save us from carrying food and cooking gear on the bikes.

We can get some chips or whatever in the daytime and you provide your own drinks.

He's going to work out a cost and then put it to everyone that wants to join in.

Or if you like you can cook yoour own scran.

Whooo I went to see my mum just before she put out the next months rota and got her to change my shifts around so I could come, gotta love being the boss's son :lol:

TC

GARETHNW

YORBANDIT + MUZ

REVS

Decor58

Boothy

Devans

mojobanana (tentative - tent-ative, geddit?! I'll get me coat...)

Yoshi (dependant on me being bothered to get out of bed!)

Call it a straight £10 if you wear a pinnie!!

BB

£10 a day i'll even sit on your bike Lee (But no photos)

Must pack anusol.!!!

Booking this off work (self employed who do I ask? lol. Looked good last year so not missing it, got three weeks to sort my forks out... Rocket centre here I come.!

BB