Re: Swinton bikes

eastanglianbiker

yep i know they do but when i took my policy out with them that was explained to me and is also in policy terms and conditions when the paperwor arrived through the door.....................still a lot of money to do minor change i do agree tho

Beware...........

I just called them to change my address and they charged me £25 quid.... robbin bast*rds...... slightest change to the policy and they charge you 25 quid..... :evil:

Yeah most ins co charge for 'admin'. Even car ins co. They get you one way or another!

it was in ex's name

Does this mean I might have a chance now? :love: :lol: :wink:

I got charged £25 when I moved, they also wanted to increase the premium by £140 because they didn't recognise my postcode (new house) even though on a comparative quote via bikesure I'd got better cover for less money (and they'd recognised my postcode without any problems). Asked to cancel the policy and the woman on the phone started getting stroppy with me, saying, "aren't you better off waiting for one year's no claims bonus?"

Not for £140, no.

I got charged £25 when I moved, they also wanted to increase the premium by £140 because they didn't recognise my postcode (new house) even though on a comparative quote via bikesure I'd got better cover for less money (and they'd recognised my postcode without any problems). Asked to cancel the policy and the woman on the phone started getting stroppy with me, saying, "aren't you better off waiting for one year's no claims bonus?"

Not for £140, no.

honestly, thats shocking.. i doubt i'll use them again, even tho it seems everywhere else charge this ridiculous fee too ...... :o

That wasn't Swinton though, I think it was Bennetts. I only used them in the first place because they were the only people who would insure my 650 before I passed my test. I could have used it for lessons if I'd wanted. I didn't, a 'zuki GS500 is much easier to pass a test on ;)

All insurance companies do that. :evil:

I rang my old one just to let them know I had added heated grips, they told me that would be £20 admin, I told them I was not going to pay it, if they choose not to note it on the policy thats their problem but i have done my bit by informing them and I would note the time and date of my call to them. As it does not increase the power of the bike there was no reason to charge me.

The person on the phone agreed and altered the policy with out costing me anything.