MAG motorway/dual carriageway demonstration - September 25th

Mighty Mariner

I am going to my local one in devon, but i cant find a website with the full list of the rules, they usually have about ten of them.

Also I dont see the big deal with ABS, surely its safer with ABS? Although some of them are just stupid! Like aswell as not being able to use K&N filters etc, you cant even service your bike yourself, you have to take it to a qualified mechanic... and not being able to take bikes older than 7 into urban spaces? WTF?!?

On the 25th September you can make your voice heard. Starting from service areas across the country, we all ride at 1pm, 45mph, using the inside lanes and disperse 20 minutes later. Negotiations are ongoing and as citizens we must be considered. This is the first time. Let's show what we could be capable of.

From the MAG site

http://www.mag-uk.org/en/campaignsdetail/a6883

• 2 weeks later...

A couple of us going to the Brampton Hut ride......hoping that a few more from the area will also make the effort. BonnieBird can't make it as she is working......

Come on guys and gals....we need to show that we will not take this sort of interference by Governments or EU laying down.

The aim is not to disrupt or cause a nuisance to other road users....just to show some solidarity within the biking community....and to demonstrate how many voters (coz bikers are voters too) they could be p*ssing off.....

Bob

I was at the M3 Southbound event, which went really well - great turnout (I'd estimate somewhere between 100 and 200 bikes), no idiots spoiling it, and nothing but smiles and waves from the people watching us. The atmosphere was great, let's just hope it did some good.

There was easily 500 bikes at Washington, didn't see anything daft going on.

The police set up a road block at the finish, the A1 was brought to an almost standstill at times.

Couple of hundred bikes at Brampton I think. Some went up the A1M to Peterborough services and the rest went along the A14.

Nothing silly on our one either......everyone well behaved. Waving to people on the bridges....and cars taking photo's as they went past.

Had a film crew there.....so we'll see if it makes it onto the news.....

Had a good run after too.....so a jolly good day out all-in-all..... 8-)