Looking for a new place

Pitt

Olney is kinda Northamptonshire/bedfordshire borders isn't it? Had an ex-collegue who lived there.....retired at 50....bastr'd.... :lol:

Had a mate who lived in Saffron Walden....he took the train into London but it's not that far to the North East of London. Some good roads around there going into NE Essex, Cambridgeshire and Suffolk. Audley End House was just down the road from him....they often have picnic concerts there with some fairly big names. Place has a bit of character I thought.

Well, I'm not a Security Guard.

I'm a Security Supervisor.

Got my own office at a 5-star hotel, one of the most exclusive hotels in London.

Investigations, reports, CCTV, signatures for anything that happens within the hotel - these are only some of the responsibilities that I've been given.

I don't stand on doors.

Really, 7k a month for Security Supervisor at a hotel and only 19? Lucky to get that job then. Ill have to let my brother know, he works in close protection business across the world in Iraq, Afghan etc, and he only brings in 7k a month for that.

That is a shit-load of money for a supervisor. I wonder what his tax bracket is and the threshold before it goes up!

40% over 43K then 50% over 150K

But 7k a month is Bankers type of money. If you can get it good luck to you fella

If it's not bulls**t then I can recommend Farnborough in Hampshire. £800 pcm will get you a 2 bed house or nice 2 bed flat but probably not garage. Commute to London isn't bad at all. 35 mins on the fast train and up to 45mins on the slow train with services every 15mins during peak periods.

Roads locally aren't bad and to get out into the countryside it's only a 15min ride to find some lovely roads.

I live in Kings Lynn, great biking roads almost no cameras and fast A roads, a little further out from London but on a main train line, I get there on the bike in about on average 2 hours sometimes much quicker depending on the M25, I would like to live a bit closer but I do not want to give up these great roads and very light traffic. Oh, and I used to live in East Molesey Surrey, I am glad I do not live there anymore

Keith

Olney is kinda Northamptonshire/bedfordshire borders isn't it? Had an ex-collegue who lived there.....retired at 50....bastr'd.... :lol:

Had a mate who lived in Saffron Walden....he took the train into London but it's not that far to the North East of London. Some good roads around there going into NE Essex, Cambridgeshire and Suffolk. Audley End House was just down the road from him....they often have picnic concerts there with some fairly big names. Place has a bit of character I thought.

I used to live near Olney and it is Bucks, but only just. I think it's the last town up the A509 before you hit Northants or Beds.

And I agree with Spire, people mock MK, but I've lived here just over 4 years and I feel really quite settled. I also commute into London every day (well, almost). The roads around here aren't bad for biking, always somewhere to go and plenty to do in town. The nightlife could be better, but it is improving.

You all focus on the money I earn.

I asked for advice on the place to get.

Good suggestions. I did some research and found a good place to rent in Brighton.

It won't be very soon, as I'm too busy with work now.

Thank you for the suggestions.

Vicki, I don't do drugs if that was what you was thinking.

Pretty sure we all don't, even if it's odd that you found it important enough to include in this thread.

I didn't mean some of you guys who gave your helpful comments.

Thanks for that.

There are several reasons why this could be the case...

a) your concerns about how much you want to pay for a bike and the high insurance costs.

b) the discrepancy between your stated budget for a new place to rent and the actual cost of the one you posted.

c) the surprise that someone in your line of work could be earning the kind of salary that you quoted.

As Mawsley said, if you don't want people to comment on your salary then don't mention it!

And I think I can safely say that Vicki's comment has nothing to do with drugs!!!

And I think I can safely say that Vicki's comment has nothing to do with drugs!!!

More a bovine aroma than opiate methinks.

Maybe when after 8yrs of Police and security work (civil, military, retail, corporate and industrial) I got out of it, I should have hung about.

Sadly the best I could find today was an Area Manager in Central London but only paid £35k with a car ! Not a patch on your £84K. :yawn: