redundancy

fredc

I have to sign an agreement not to discuss the college or redundancy terms

So I'm not going to add to this thread

Why don't you tell us what you're offered, and then sign the agreement to say nothing :lol:

Sorry, just because that sort of thing from companies just encourages me to wind them up more :lol:

Well if you are happy with it then congratulations. If not then sorry to hear the news. Got made redundant myself last year and it took me 7 months or so to find a new job and even then it wasnt a particularly good job. But then another few months went bye and then my current job came up and it is the best job I have had. So good things do come out of these things and sometimes it can be that kick / shove that you need to progress with things in life.

I took voluntary redundancy last July. I didn't like my job much and I needed a break. I got enough cash to keep me going for few months and I managed to get a couple of temporary jobs before I figured out what I wanted to do. I've now got a decent job again and i'm earning more than I ever have so for me it was a good decision.

Good luck!

:cheers:

Guest philgale

Best think i ever did was take redundancy from my old job, didnt get loads of money but was enough for me to walk and not worry about thinks for a while.

congrats on getting out, and enjoy it

• 1 month later...

I've got about a fortnight left before I finish and as luck would have it we will be on strike on my last day. ( I'm a unison steward )

I got a reasonable package, hopefully enough to keep me going while I retrain as a driving instructor.