bike smoking

toon83

first off im a rider off only 1 month and this is my 1st bike so in know very little

went for a ride in the rain which was loads of fun till i went to fill up and i noticed the radiator was smoking a lot and it was smelling also.

is this normal?

advice please the bike is ZX6R

was it not just the rain water turning to steam?... theres nothing in or to do with a radiator which can emit smoke...

maybe but there was loads of it :lol:

is there nothing i can do to stop this?

was it not just the rain water turning to steam?... theres nothing in or to do with a radiator which can emit smoke...

yeah dont ride in the rain :lol: its nowt to worry about... if its not doing it when its dry then the radiator is not leaking so just ignore it... water hitting hot metal surfaces will turn to steam no matter what you do...

yeah dont ride in the rain :lol: its nowt to worry about... if its not doing it when its dry then the radiator is not leaking so just ignore it... water hitting hot metal surfaces will turn to steam no matter what you do...

only proper bikers ride in the rain :lol:

Thought it might be this before opening the thread, it can be alittle disconcerting but id never seen it till i had my blade, that thing looked like it was on fire when stopped at lights, it steamed up the dash and mirrors!

Yep....that rain water will be spraying up off the front wheel and hitting the rad, front of engine & downpipes...all of which will be hot. As above....only worry if it starts to do the same thing in the dry.... :lol:

On the same subject I have an electric kettle that smokes every time it boils. This is very worrying as I drink a lot of tea and can't find a kettle forum, any help would be appreciated 8-)

Try Nicotinell patches

On the same subject I have an electric kettle that smokes every time it boils. This is very worrying as I drink a lot of tea and can't find a kettle forum, any help would be appreciated 8-)

that actually made me laugh out loud :lol: :salute:

Yeah, scared the shit out of me when my GPZ did that for the first time. It's all good though.

My new bike smells horrible if I over oil the chain, because the oil drips on to the exhaust, but I can only smell it when I'm stopped. As long as it's not over heating and you can't see any evidence of any leakages anywhere I wouldn't worry about it!

Yeah, scared the shit out of me when my GPZ did that for the first time. It's all good though.

My new bike smells horrible if I over oil the chain, because the oil drips on to the exhaust, but I can only smell it when I'm stopped. As long as it's not over heating and you can't see any evidence of any leakages anywhere I wouldn't worry about it!

I thought the exhaust was always on the other side than the chain (If its not under the seat etc)

I thought the exhaust was always on the other side than the chain (If its not under the seat etc)

The main can is on the other side, however the pipe runs underneith my bike on the left hand side. There is a corner just under where the chain meets the gearbox. It's a bitch to clean, and I've just got a new oil which comes out frothy and I'm finding hard to gudge how much I'm putting on. I'm sure I'll get used to it though.