bike/car

mealexme

<t>do you have a car and bike? Which do you use more generally?</t>  

55 members have voted

1. 1. do you have a car and bike? Which do you use more generally?

• I dont have a bike, or a car
    • I only have a bike
    • I have both but ride the bike more
    • I have both and ride/drive them about the same
    • I have both but drive a car more
    • I only have a car

I have both, but mainly use the car as I'm out on a farm in the middle of nowhere so a bike isn't practical for everyday use- it won't pull a 3ton sheep trailer :lol: Will use the bike more once through test for fun and quick trips into town, but had enough of being on a 125.

Sold my car two years ago. 1. because I didn't use it and 2, I wanted to do lessons and get a bike and I haven't looked back.

Started thinking about getting another car, maybe just for winter but I can't justify the cost. Even if I buy a little shit box of a car its going to cost more to tax and insure it for 6 months than it does for the bike for a whole year.

Will use the bike more once through test for fun and quick trips into town, but had enough of being on a 125.

Don't know how you put up with it to be honest. Have had to live with the CG125 again for a good month or so now and it's quite frankly dangerously poor all round*. And frustrating - it's only the thought that it's temporary that keeps me sane :wink: . Fortunately as my speedo drive's packed in (nothing a session with PlusGas/WD40 won't fix i imagine...) i don't have to know how slow i'm actually going :lol:

* = Despite recent and previous investments in the headlamp/tyres/brakes/personal body fat (for road holding)

I have to confess that I like driving (most of the time)

Sad, isn't it......?

Not at all Mandy - I like driving too! :D

Have both (well 2 bikes in the garage but only allowed to use 1!) but most miles in the car.

Even if I buy a little shit box of a car its going to cost more to tax and insure it for 6 months than it does for the bike for a whole year.

Will admit i have had similar thoughts, especially because i'm now working on an out of town industrial estate (no practical bus/rail links) for not much above minimum wage. As things stand / if i can't work something out, i simply won't be coming in on the icy days. Am a temp though, so will have to see how it goes down as to whether it costs my job or not.

Estimated it'd be about half my yearly takehome pay to get a car, all considered (including finishing lessons, test(s), insurance etc). It's just not worth it. Neither is my job worth dying over, much as it would cause money problems to lose it.

Would happily consider alternatives (converting the CG into a snow bike (?), getting a hovercraft/quad - you know all the usual alternatives, but can't imagine anything will come in significantly cheaper :lol: )

2 bikes 1 car. Car for the weather like today - freezing cold, lashing with rain and a howling wind. I can barely stand the walk from the house to the car without feeling chilled and damp. The very idea of taking a ride for pleasure in that is beyond me.

I have to confess that I like driving (most of the time)

I actually like driving too, I am a terrible passenger! Its a wonder that no-one has thrown me out of their car in the middle of a dual carriageway :lol: 8-)