Investments

Nogin

I got a plan for the future, have a pension through work which is a good one. A few properties which is always a good thing and a private pension which has £15k in it and is worth £100 a month as a pension which is sod all, any way my financial advisor (a good friend who I trust) has suggested I invest the £15k that is in the pension pot, we have been looking at "green renewables" we have found something that's medium to high risk, so the return is good, I think I'll give it a punt it will save the £100 a month I'm chucking into a pension pot that's worth sod all!

Anyone else got investments?

Gold.

Stuck £300 into a company (I'm obviously not going to name it to let you all jump on ;) ) on the advice of my stepdad (works in the city (London) so knows these things), and I'm currently up to about 1k last time I checked.

going to leave it for as long ahs he does though, he's got 10x that into them.

Well I seem to have invested in gas,water, electric foodstuffs, fuel and banking!

Continuous investments, return on investment movement, keeping warm and survival hopefully its a long term investment.

Hell paying off my debts would be a strt :)

I know how you guys feel, the thing is with the £15k is it's tied up and you cannot do anything with it until you are 55 and even then it's still a rubbish pension of £65 or £100 month so I might as well save £75 I'm paying in a month and try to invest it.

Gold. Gold isn't in a bubble. Paper money is in a bubble, which is why the price of gold, in paper money, is rising.

Central banks around the world are buying gold as the global ponzi economy is unravelling. The price of gold and silver has been artificially kept low for years, but it can't be held back for much longer. Everyone was telling me that gold was in a bubble a year ago when I was telling everyone to buy it at $1200-1300. It'll be back over the $2k mark again soon.

Within the next 3 years I see gold over $5000 and ounce, minimum. Probably alot more.

You have to go long though. If you're going to chicken out as soon as it takes a $100-200 dip then don't bother.

I'm not sure about the green energy. It's been a promising industry but it's VERY expensive and once the world economy collapses completely I suspect that green energy will be bottom of everyone's list of priorities.

Edited by Aaron

Green energy is stupid. The setup costs, pay back time and efficiency are absolute arse. Nuclear and eventually fusion are the way forward. Unfortunately the majority of idiots (sorry, I mean general public) go OH NOES IT AM DANGEROUS NUCLEAR EXPLOSION...

...i'll stop before i get angry... :twisted:

Assuming your properties are residential, how about selling them to increase the stock available to first time buyers and then investing the proceeds in something that is beneficial to yourself and the economy.

Other than the house I live in in the UK all my properties are in Czech, no point having an investment home here capital return is 4% if you are lucky they property in Czech return 15%

my financial advisor (a good friend who I trust) has suggested I invest the £15k that is in the pension pot...

Bernie Madoff was a good and trusted friend of many who invested with him.

Within the next 3 years I see gold over $5000 and ounce, minimum. Probably alot more.

...once the world economy collapses completely I suspect that green energy will be bottom of everyone's list of priorities.

When the world economy collapses the mobs will be coming after your gold.

...once the world economy collapses completely I suspect that green energy will be bottom of everyone's list of priorities.

Well as it happens i'm overdrawn and have zero life savings and no pension apart from a miniscule forces pension. BUT if i did have a significant sum of gold buried in the garden it would be buried alongside guns & ammo.

Well as it happens i'm overdrawn and have zero life savings and no pension apart from a miniscule forces pension. BUT if i did have a significant sum of gold buried in the garden it would be buried alongside guns & ammo.

You'll find the guns and ammo will serve you better than the gold lol

Are you sure you can get your money out the pension pot without being taxed on it? Could be that you have £15,000 which will be reduced by 20% if you take it out all at once now, depends on the fund.

I would say spread your funds, don't put all your eggs in the same basket. Best to mix med/high risk with lower guaranteed returns.

Gold is low return and currently at an all time high so it's not the best time to buy in unless we're heading for another crash...so maybe it is.

You have to take advice from someone, personally a trusted friend (if qualified) trumps a random advisor any day!

Yes I can take it out of the Pension fune, the FA i'm using is someone I know very well, friend and finincial wizz, going to split it up between two things i think.

I thought it was only the people over here in NI that had guns and ammo buried in their garden :D

Thankfully we never got around to buying a house which has probably worked out for the better

the way things are going at the minute as we would definately be in negative equity by know.

This means we have a few pounds in the bank but hopefully we'll get a small house at a good

price soon and have a small mortgage.

I forgot to say that you need actual physical gold - in your posession. Not paper gold. If you get paper gold all you'll end up with when you need it is paper. It's also easier for government to confiscate it.