Any Floyd fans out there ......Is there anybody OUT there ?

polecat

Really Excited when I found Brit Floyd are playing at a venue near me :o

Never heard of them but then went on Utube and WOW they are Stunningly good, Infact the Royal Albert hall is on their tour list !

Born out of The Australian Pink Floyd after a Split in two and according to most reports the real talent went the Brit way :cheers:

Anybody Into Pink FLoyd should consider giving them a look ..... even though its not till the end of may I am already Excited :D

Has anybody seen them yet ? They recently played the O2 london to 20,000 and were playing at the F1 gp silverstone 2011

I went to see Mac Floyd, Scotland's premier Pink Floyd tribute band a while back. OK so they are not spot on and make no effort to look like the real band, but is as good as it is going to get for me.

I really like the 'soundtrack' albums More, Obscured by Clouds and Zabriski Point and of the the others Meddle and Animals. I also love Live at Pompeii

A brilliant band. Couldn't get to sleep years ago without having a joint and listening to Comfortably Numb in bed! It was law to do that! Don't know if I could go and see the tribute band though, not sure about that. No doubting they are good but it's not the same is it.

Met Nick Mason a few years ago. An absolutley top bloke.

A brilliant band. Couldn't get to sleep years ago without having a joint and listening to Comfortably Numb in bed! It was law to do that! Don't know if I could go and see the tribute band though, not sure about that. No doubting they are good but it's not the same is it.

Met Nick Mason a few years ago. An absolutley top bloke.

Have a listen to Brit Floyd on UTUBE they are pretty Awsome :shock:

I also went to see Australian Pink Floyd and also I have seen Think Floyd 7 times !!

It is all about the music and Anyone who can play such complexed music well is ok in my book :D

Saw Pink Floyd at Earl's Court when they were doing the Wall tour......absolutely brilliant... 8-)

There's a Floyd tribute band round here somewhere that are supposed to be good.

TBH I really don't like the big venues these days. Sitting half a mile away from the band watching them on a screen and crap acoustics.....nah, been there, done that.....prefer to see some smaller bands playing local venues.

Matt Schofield and Aynsley Lister are on my hit list to see as soon as they come anywhere near here. Missed Doctor Feelgood and Nine Below Zero last friday night.....Damn.. :(

The Final Cut has some awesome tracks on it.....but I find Roger Water's decline into self pity kinda grates after a while.

prefer to see some smaller bands playing local venues.

The Final Cut has some awesome tracks on it.....but I find Roger Water's decline into self pity kinda grates after a while.

The good thing about a really good Tribute band is they can play in quiet small and intimate theatres unlike if The real Pink Floyd went on tour !

Final Cut is the only album I have never listened to .... Funny because it is for the very reason you mention, Roger Waters and his self pity thing :roll:

ALL Floyd is good - Most of it is GREAT!

Think Floyd - Excellent

Aussie Pink Floyd - Very good

My son playing 'Shine on You Crazy Diamond' at my 50th - Had me crying!!!

Favourite Album - Echoes

Favourite Track - Shine on you Crazy Diamond

Most interesting musical composition - Careful with that Axe Eugine

Silliest - Corporal Clegg

Thought provoking - Sheep

I also like the newer stuff from David Gilmour (such as 'On an Island').

So... are there any Floyd Fans out there? YES!!!!

:cheers:

Most interesting musical composition - Careful with that Axe Eugine :?: Really

What about ?......................................

Several Species of Small Furry Animals Gathered Together in a Cave and Grooving with a Pict - from the excellent album Ummagumma

That has to take the title for interesting composition just for the title of the track. :lol:

Oh yes, another Floyd fan out here.

Several Species of Small Furry Animals Gathered Together in a Cave and Grooving with a Pict - from the excellent album Ummagumma

That has to take the title for interesting composition just for the title of the track. :lol:

Nearly put that but.... 'Careful' definitely beats it with regard to the actual musical composition rather than the length of the title.

You could debate the 'virtues' of every track ever produced by Floyd but, in the end, they are all great.

prefer to see some smaller bands playing local venues.

The good thing about a really good Tribute band is they can play in quiet small and intimate theatres unlike if The real Pink Floyd went on tour !

Final Cut is the only album I have never listened to .... Funny because it is for the very reason you mention, Roger Waters and his self pity thing :roll:

Shame as the Final Cut has some epic tracks on it such as Southampton Dock and The Final Cut. Gat a later version with 'When the tigers broke free'.

Have you tried Waters solo albums, Radio KAOS and Amused to Death are superb.

Nearly put that but.... 'Careful' definitely beats it with regard to the actual musical composition rather than the length of the title.

You could debate the 'virtues' of every track ever produced by Floyd but, in the end, they are all great.

Nicely put :cheers:

Dont't know why but my all time fave has to be Echoes though.

The Music of Pink floyd is modern day classical a la Strauss or prokofiev but because it is classed as Rock music it does not have the same Cudos

Which is why When you hear the music performed by a group such as Australian or brit floyd you realise that decent musicians can recreate a pretty acceptable performance of the original composers,where Who knows if the royal philharmonic captures Mozart the way the composer intended ?

It is great to have been around and to have heard the original sound live and have the ability to listen to some of the amazingly talented people that recreate the Music of Pink Floyd and keep it alive in my opinion :D

Have a listen to Echos by Brit Floyd and you will see what I mean

">