Utter madness...

nman1

I`ve just been down to my local Cafe to get a snack and they had some "Gingerbread Persons" in the display cabinet. I said to the girl, "that`s very PC of you" in a joking way and she told me they are no longet able to display or call them "Gingerbread Men" as It`s sexist.

She then went on to tell me that her son came home from school sing "Bar Bar RAINBOW sheep" because they were not allowed to use the word "BLACK"

Her assistant the followed up by saying that Humpty Dumpty had been banned from school classes as it has a bad ending and humpty copuld not be put back together and it may "TRAUMATISE" the kids.

Wher the feck am I living ffs ????..cus it sure sound like bloody cukoo land to me.

And yes this is a rant cus it desrves being one. BLOODY RIDICULOUS.

Way of the world these days.

Pander to those who are weak and easily offended.

The world is a changing place, sadly for the worst, no matter what country you are in.

And it wont get any better either.

I`ve just been down to my local Cafe to get a snack and they had some "Gingerbread Persons" in the display cabinet. I said to the girl, "that`s very PC of you" in a joking way and she told me they are no longet able to display or call them "Gingerbread Men" as It`s sexist.

An anwer to the PC police is to use gingerbread cookie cutters that are gender-specific. They don't have to be anatomically correct. Straight legs on the male, and a skirt on the female. It would be an easy adjustment for the cafe to make, if the owner is really interested in preserving his or her right to conduct business without surrendering to the madness of the crowd. I'll bet, though, that the cafe owner is really making a protest statement by calling the cookies gingerbread persons.

This case, as in many of this type, the actual facts are not as they seem - There is no LAW against calling Gingerbread men exactly that - It is not Gender specific. The same goes for 'Chairman'; Manhole Cover; Manchester; Chessmen, etc, etc. It is usually the case than some 'knee-jerk' dimby has taken that line in order to alleviate any POSSIBLE future controversy or offence.

Rather than shout at the 'Euro-polititions', you need to 'educate' the people who adopt what they believe is the non-gender offence position' by renaming what need not be renamed.

:up:

Can I assume Al that what you`re trying to say is...leave the feck alone and stop being twats. Why the hell people need educating in common sense is beyond me.

I really fear for what all this nonsense is gonna do to future generations,I feel out is our duty to save them from themselves and from this bland ridiculous life by burning as much fossil fuel as possible and killing the planet.

Thing is any good it could do, if there were done is lost in the madness, its same with health and safety people might take notice if it want been abused.

Rainbow sheep? Sounds like the teacher is possibly on acid!

As for humpty duummp........ :crybaby: I'm still scarred from that nursery rhyme. Glad they've stopped traumatising the toddlers! :roll:

What next, no more Farmer in the Dell as he might be gay?!?

I'm sorry, I can't believe that nursery rhymes have disappeared from the classroom and the gingerbread person just sounds like a protest. Would anyone really prosecute over a gingerbread man??

Also... in schools there not allowed to say 'White Board' or 'Black Board'... its now a 'Chalk Board' and a 'Wipe Board' :shock:

That hasn't been true in the schools I worked in for the last 10 years. Sounds like a Daily Mail story...

she told me they are no longet able to display or call them "Gingerbread Men" as It`s sexist.

But they must be men, they have no boobs :?

What??!!!.......there's plenty of blokes around with boobs.....or Moobs if we are allowed to call them that without appearing sexist..... :wink:

What a pile of cr*p. If I want a gingerbread man then I will ask for one, if I get offered a 'gingerbread person' then they can f*** right off..... I've never been PC and never will be :D

BTW I think my newest twin grandsons may be of the ginger persuasion, oh the shame!! :shock:

she told me they are no longet able to display or call them "Gingerbread Men" as It`s sexist.

What??!!!.......there's plenty of blokes around with boobs.....or Moobs if we are allowed to call them that without appearing sexist..... :wink:

Also they could be bloody catwalk models, they dont have boobs either :mrgreen:

Oh and well said remy, apart from the fact they can f**k right off anyway as i cant stand gingerbread anything men/women/hermaphrodite.

So true, but neither did they have any meat and two veg so I`m guessing they must be related to worms.....they`re ya go

"GINERBREAD WORMS THAT HJUST HAPPEN TO LOOK LIKE MEN WITH NO BALLS AND WOMEN WITH NO TITS"

Pretty big lable me thinks :D

This is about the wrong issue. It is wrong to worry about on male, female and persons, we need to put a stop to the ginger. I mean being ginger is so wrong. :shock:

Really? Your a f**king joke!!! How is that any different from me saying being black is wrong? It's picking up on a certain aspect of someone's appearance and thinking it's ok to put it down? Are you a racist aswell or just a hypocritical f**k?

This is about the wrong issue. It is wrong to worry about on male, female and persons, we need to put a stop to the ginger. I mean being ginger is so wrong. :shock:

Really? Your a f**king joke!!! How is that any different from me saying being black is wrong? It's picking up on a certain aspect of someone's appearance and thinking it's ok to put it down? Are you a racist aswell or just a hypocritical f**k?

I hoped putting the smilie at the end would show that I was not being serious. Sorry if that failed to convey my intention of pocking fun at anyone who goes OTT on the PC.

However, I really hate the Judean Peoples Front.

http://ts1.mm.bing.net/images/thumbnail.aspx?q=4931507698729156&id=b82ce307abff68e7ec9106720d32e808&index=newexp

Guest philgale

I think you have taken a comment made tongue in cheek a little to serious here. Can i remind you of the forum rules regarding attacking other members :thumb:

You can remind me all you like, I think you are down playing the situation,

The unjust or prejudicial treatment of different categories of people or things, esp. on the grounds of race, age, or sex.

What makes hair or skin colour different? If I had made a racist joke and put a winky face it would have been ok yeah? Having been on the receiving end of a few too many 'jokes' one in particular being jumped on my way home from high school in my first week of being there and being hospitalised having had my teeth make an unscheduled appearance through my face due to the colour of my hair then I tend to have little patience with retarded comments of that nature.

Guest philgale
You can remind me all you like, I think you are down playing the situation,

The unjust or prejudicial treatment of different categories of people or things, esp. on the grounds of race, age, or sex.

What makes hair or skin colour different? If I had made a racist joke and put a winky face it would have been ok yeah? Having been on the receiving end of a few too many 'jokes' one in particular being jumped on my way home from high school in my first week of being there and being hospitalised having had my teeth make an unscheduled appearance through my face due to the colour of my hair then I tend to have little patience with retarded comments of that nature.

Im guessing thats not a joke, thats assault. hardly the same as what has been said.

the way i interpreted what was said was the poster was pointing out how stupid it is not being allowed to call it gingerbread men but still being allowed to call it ginger, therefore being supportive of ginger people and not actually taking the piss

don't automatically think someone is having a dig

also if anyone has a problem with a post made why turn it into a slanging match when you can simply report the post explain why it offends you and then a Mod will take care of it, thats the more sensible way to deal with it rather than calling someone a "f**king joke"