Bluetooth helmets

Hope this isn't too dumb a question, but I was looking at getting a bluetooth helmet untill I saw the price of them, is there anyway I can make the helmet use bluetooth? I'm doing the ' ride the wall ' in October and my wife is due to give birth around the same time and she wants to beable to get hold of me. So is there anyway of beable to make the helmet receive phone calls with a bluetooth device on the helmet and answer them........told you it was a dumb question :?

Hope this isn't too dumb a question, but I was looking at getting a bluetooth helmet untill I saw the price of them, is there anyway I can make the helmet use bluetooth? I'm doing the ' ride the wall ' in October and my wife is due to give birth around the same time and she wants to beable to get hold of me. So is there anyway of beable to make the helmet receive phone calls with a bluetooth device on the helmet and answer them........told you it was a dumb question :?

Gericke still had some blue tooth helmets in stock this last weekend at reasonable price. Or

http://img802.imageshack.us/img802/4603/bluetooths.jpg

Good luck for your imminent arrival, the next 20 yrs will evaporate.

You can get Bluetooth headsets that attach to the side of your helmet and run a mic to your mouth and a pair of speakers up the inside.

First 2 makes that spring to mind for decent cheap headsets would be Scala or Sena

i use scala g4, bees knees, cant fault it for comms, but expensive?aboiut £180 , i also hav a jabra bluetooththingamy, which hangs around my neck, or velcros on inside of chinguard, with earphones, which does the job for pairing with mp3 players and phone, that was about £16 ?? maybe wot u r needing?

The Duchinni D916 (or D619?) integrated blue tooth flip-up is £150 at J and S Accessories, Oakmere or online. Runs a little larger than stated size, but the next size down might be too small.

It's an OK helmet, but not the highest quality though it passes the safety standards.

I've got the Duchinni 909 bluetooth helmet, was about £108. Wish I had paid more though, the wind noise is terrible. Though I can't compare to other helmets as it's the only one I've had. The quality of sound is amazing though. Think I've fried mine though as I used a non standard charger with it and well it won't charge now.

Bluetooth helmets are good because rider can attend phone calls and can communicate with other people while riding.

Oh. That's interesting, because in another thread you told someone to pay attention to the road and not be on the phone.

could it be that you are trying to get your link to your crap website in as many topics as possible??

SPAMMER!

Yeah I have noticed the reference to 'that store' a LOT in his 16 posts.

I have boots from there and they where very well priced, TCX waterproof, but limited sizes only. But I wouldn't touch a helmet from them! All out in the sun, all left for people to mess with, or get your self a £450 lid for £20 upstairs with a gouge out of the top, scratched visor and missing chin vent! The lids up there all seem to have missing vents!

That said the rest of the store was good (again limited sizes, mainly uncommon sizes)

I have been using a Viper flip front, new off EBay for over a year now. Integrated Bluetooth, apparently can intercom between two helmets ( not tried this ) and cost a little over £100.

I am sure some will e sucking their teeth and slagging off cheap helmets but it did score well on the sharp test and has a built in sun visor also!