Possible broken engine :(

toon83

Is there any tests that can be done to check if my engine is damaged?

Bike was serviced 2 days before I bought the bike and had an oil change. A few days ago on m62 to Morley and my oil nut ( or whatever it's called) popped off without me knowing and how long it was pouring oil I have no idea. Bike slid across lanes and was Lucky not to fall off. Took it to jordons bikes for a oil change ect they said it was ok.

But the bike now feels like it's not right. It's stalled twice, feels like it's lacking power under 45mph, not as much power when coming off the line, exhaust is louder, having to twist harder to get the req power, when taking corner it feel to lack some power when coming out.

Any advice would be very nice

Quote - "Bike was serviced 2 days before I bought the bike and had an oil change".

Did you buy it from a shop? Warranty... :shock:

:stupid:

A bit late now but don't do anything more to the bike. Take it straight to where you bought it!

Is there any tests that can be done to check if my engine is damaged?

Bike was serviced 2 days before I bought the bike and had an oil change. A few days ago on m62 to Morley and my oil nut ( or whatever it's called) popped off without me knowing and how long it was pouring oil I have no idea. Bike slid across lanes and was Lucky not to fall off. Took it to jordons bikes for a oil change ect they said it was ok.

But the bike now feels like it's not right. It's stalled twice, feels like it's lacking power under 45mph, not as much power when coming off the line, exhaust is louder, having to twist harder to get the req power, when taking corner it feel to lack some power when coming out.

Any advice would be very nice

Did you seize it up or come to a stop as soon as the rear tyre started to get oiley?? if you were quick enough stopping, you probably got away with it.

Forget below 45mph.. Whats it like top end?? are you sure you're not just getting used to the bike and feeling low down flat spots? what revs are you doing??

if the engine was knackered it wouldn't pull to the red line nicely.. give it a thrashing - you already suspect a dead motor, so nothing to lose :)

Done loads of riding/testing of the bike and its not down to me getting used to the speed. Tested it onthe motorway 5 times and 60-75 mph seems to of lost a bit of pace but nothing major but by god the bike now vibrates like mad. Tank,seat,bars and footpegs all going mental.

0-45 has not improved and still feels slow and hard to get going at times, engine seems louder and hotter but maybe i didnt notice that before.

Something new happened yesterday engine went up to 295f and the indicator was flashing likemad and a red light came on

Done loads of riding/testing of the bike and its not down to me getting used to the speed. Tested it onthe motorway 5 times and 60-75 mph seems to of lost a bit of pace but nothing major but by god the bike now vibrates like mad. Tank,seat,bars and footpegs all going mental.

0-45 has not improved and still feels slow and hard to get going at times, engine seems louder and hotter but maybe i didnt notice that before.

Something new happened yesterday engine went up to 295f and the indicator was flashing likemad and a red light came on

Is the chain too tight??

Have you checked the coolant level?

Something not right... :(

Is the chain too tight??

Have you checked the coolant level?

Something not right... :(

Yes on both

Heading up to to jordons now to hopefully get it fixed

They dont know whats up only thas its not rght. They mentioned gasket and pistons but they cost of repair was around 500 and could not guarantee it would resolve the problem. He advised me to buy another engine butthats 1500 inc fitting which is a lot more than i have now ajd in the near future.

Could you not buy a second hand engine off eBay? Pay through PayPal, find one that accepts returns, buy some white labels to label what went where and swap the engine yourself. Just think of it like unplugging a Xbox from your tv, only it's bigger, heavier, made of metal, bolted in and has more leads. Principle is the same though, its just unplug everything, unbolt the engine, bolt in new engine, plug everything in and away you go, then sell your old one as spares/repairs to recoup some money..

Sounds like the head gasket has been blown from running dry,

Either that or something is fecked somewhere, like the crank was damaged and is now spinning and its creating a lot more friction than it should and heating things right up. Or you have a top end rebuild on your hands.

In a situation like this I would rebuild the entire engine and check everything to find the worn parts.

To cause what your describing there will be something in there that is mangled.