poundland coolant?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

personally I wouldn't go cheap and cut corners if I was gonna buy something which effected the heart and mechanical parts of the machine. Would you eat a 30min old sausage roll from gregs or go nando's?both fills you up if you know what I mean

Correct Anti freeze is as important to your bike as having the correct oil, l would not skimp. Alloy high performance engines require the correct fluid apart from cooling the motor the fluid has numerous other tasks. Such as lubricating the water pump, inhibiting the alloy metals and rubber hoses to avoid corrosion. Mix if not pre mixed with distilled water never tap water. For what it costs and the risks you run skimping is just crazy!

The thing is you will not have an instant failure using the wrong cheap stuff, you will just grind to a halt with a repair bill. Might take weeks, months or even years but it will happen.

personally I wouldn't go cheap and cut corners if I was gonna buy something which effected the heart and mechanical parts of the machine. Would you eat a 30min old sausage roll from gregs or go nando's?both fills you up if you know what I mean

Greggs.

As i implied earlier, i would use the Poundland coolant if it was safe for use in aluminum engines (i.e. if it met the spec). I wouldn't mix it with tap water though - There's ways to save money, and then there's just false economies (Besides which, this appears to be a ready-mix, not a concentrate).

Assuming it's even compatible with aluminum engines, i would avoid it on the basis of advertising a freezing point of -12c, which isn't enough of a safety margin if you consider the idea of tolerances...