2013 Rideouts

Devans

We're working on doing another Meet up and an Egg run for Young Mikey.

This is the thread from the first meet we did for him viewtopic.php?f=12&t=22250&hilit=mikey

We did the First Mikey meet in 2009 If you saw little Mikeys face when all the bikes turned up, it was fantastic. So Stu and me are thinking about combining another one with an Egg run/Beginning of season meet.

We will post up more details when we get them.

So far

Date :- Sunday 31st March 2013

Time 1200 - 1230

Place :- Willy woods Lincs

i fancy this as long as im not busy not seen Mikey for a while

I am interested in hitting Scotland, never been on the Bike (I know :shock: )

I would need a guide to show me the best routes etc, and best place to stay.

Any takers? I have weeks off in May, July, and Sept. Other than that I will be out for rides in my local area on my days off.

• 3 weeks later...

Ok managed to put this together, i'll be booking a scotland run for April, my dads also coming riding one of my bikes and this is open to you guys too.

We will sort accommodation and route, just need to know how many are coming. Due to my job i can't get easter weekend off. Super busy trading weekend you see, so i'm looking at the 5th to the 8th of April.

4 days is a good run, my dad doesn't ride much so we won't be racing everywhere. I plan to fit in the tag spots too :)

All you'll need is your bike and a way of carrying 2 days clothes, toiletries etc etc. we won't be camping.

Mid may looks like a good time to spend a weekend in wales, date to be confined. Will spend time around snowdon and ride all of north wales, i would like to explore more but i've never ventured into the lower half of wales.

If you guys know more i'd love to take a back seat and follow :D

i also tend to do day rides to Porthmadog from mold, get in touch if you want a text as soon as im planning on going, usually 2 weeks beforehand.

• 1 month later...

Plan to do Wales (all the Tags) either in May or June (may Bank Holiday is a definite possibility).

Likewise I've all the Tags routed for weekends except: Scotland and Cornwall (bit far for my old bones!).

One of the 'bucket list' plans I have toyed with for years is to fly out to Split (Croatia) and hire a bike from there to explore the north - central area of the country (Krika Falls, etc.). Maybe one day 8-)

Always up for a run to the Ace or Skeggy and again to meet up with Mikey (Willy Woods?) would be great.

Anyone wishing to stop over at my place (A14/A1 Junction) for a night when passing by is most welcome - Can sleep 2 couples (or 3 singles) in beds with room for 1 more camp bed on the floor. Just PM me with dates and I'll let you know whether we will be in or not.

:cheers:

• 1 month later...
Hey Al.....I've got the Whitsun week off....and Mandy is off to the States with her lad....so I was thinking of a tour to collect some Tags further afield....... :wink:

Sorry Mate - I am away sailing until the 19th and T'missus would not be impressed if I 'disapeared' as soon as I got back!

I am deffo looking at the 'Lakes' tags at the late May BH if you are interested? Last time, did North Yorkshire en-route and overnight at a 'cheap' Hotel in Ambleside. Either Sat/Sun or Sun/Mon.

:cheers:

• 1 month later...

im interested in all ride outs just waiting on getting the bike back together so out of action for the next week - 2 weeks but after that im out. wales and Yorkshire interest me ive already done the glasson docks to lakes route. :D

• 2 weeks later...

I'm at Silverstone this weekend but definitely looking to get more riding in over the next couple of months, bitten by the bug this weekend well and truly!