OMFG sexual waterproofs....

...errm, yeah! Found this on my searches... PHWOOOOOOOAR! :lol:

http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k96/spastic_potato/BikerMoos%20Piccies/2010-Tour-Master-PVC-Two-Piece-Rainsuit-MCSS_zps627337dc.jpg

http://www.motorcycle-superstore.co.uk/14/67/910/516/ITEM/Tour-Master-PVC-Two-Piece-Rainsuit.aspx?WT.ac=SLIsearch

Looking for a waterproof jacket/raincoaty/oversuit thing to go over my leather jacket as I've decided I love it long time and don't want to wear my textile one unless unbearably hot or unbearably cold out - I prefer the hard armour and feel of it, feels more protective to me than the textile one and did a pretty decent job in my off :D .

Also considering this, but have a feeling it could look hideous. Tho I do already have black waterproof trousers that do the job...has anyone got something like this? Or shall I just go for plain boring snoring black? A full suit thing may be less faff than a separate jacket and trousers?

http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k96/spastic_potato/BikerMoos%20Piccies/Untitled_zpsa3e19c6a.jpg

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/UVEX-RAINTEK-1PC-RAIN-SUIT-MOTORCYCLE-OVER-SUIT-FISHING-MOTORBIKE-WATERPROOF-/130863031997?pt=UK_Over_Suits&var=430123873545&hash=item1e780b66bd

And before anyone says anything about me wearing leather gear - the cows are protecting me! :wink: :mrgreen:

Edited by BikerMooFromMars

Just re-read my post and realised I've waffled as per usual. Basically:

> will that oversuit look hideous? Anyone got a coloured one or seen people in them - look ok or stick to black?

> shall I get one or just get some waterproof jacket? Any recommendations of waterproof over-jacket thing?

Thanks! :mrgreen:

Edited by BikerMooFromMars

Hey Moo,

I've never had much luck with waterproof overs - no matter what brand or what I paid for them, the seams always leaked and cold, soggy nuts aren't that enjoyable. Now I realise that you won't experience that exact problem but are you set on using leathers? A good dollop of Fabsil on textiles did the trick for me. :-)

I've never had much luck with waterproof overs - no matter what brand or what I paid for them, the seams always leaked and cold, soggy nuts aren't that enjoyable. Now I realise that you won't experience that exact problem but are you set on using leathers? A good dollop of Fabsil on textiles did the trick for me. :-)

Poo, that's a shame. My waterproof trousers I wear over my textile (not waterproof despite saying they are) trousers in more than light rain - not had a leak as yet and rode in peeing rain for 6 hours a month or 2 ago. Cost a tenner from Mountain Warehouse.

Yeah, I prefer the leather jacket for the more solid armour in the shoulders and arms, the softer but supportive armour on the back, and I like the rigidness of the leather. I feel safer in it too - one of the things that makes me happier riding, I feel safer in that jacket since my off so it's worth me wearing it for the added confidence in my gear.

I have a Triumph textile jacket I got off a lovely guy on this forum, but despite the thermal lining it's not v windproof or massively warm, it has arm and shoulder armour but no back padding in it as yet. I'm gonna get some better thermals to wear under my leather jacket methinks for when it gets coler. The leather one I just feel a lot happier in. Don't want to invest in new, more expensive gear atm really as I'm saving for my DAS 8-) .

Cheers anyway Mr Fro. Are you coming to the end of season meet on Sunday? Would love to meet you and your bikey!

I've got an RST baby-grow that comes with it's own bumbag, Moo......just what you always wanted...... :wink: :lol: :lol:

But anyway.......it seems to be pretty waterproof and goes over my leathers.....but it's a bit of a struggle to get into it.....and an even bigger struggle to get out of it again.....seems to get hooked up on the shoulder armour in my jacket...... :) I think the pics you took of me and Mandy arriving at the rally this year showed me wearing it..... 8-)

But when the weather gets really cold I'll switch back to my textiles....... :wink:

I've got an RST baby-grow that comes with it's own bumbag, Moo......just what you always wanted...... :wink: :lol: :lol:

But anyway.......it seems to be pretty waterproof and goes over my leathers.....but it's a bit of a struggle to get into it.....and an even bigger struggle to get out of it again.....seems to get hooked up on the shoulder armour in my jacket...... :) I think the pics you took of me and Mandy arriving at the rally this year showed me wearing it..... 8-)

But when the weather gets really cold I'll switch back to my textiles....... :wink:

Oh reeeally, don't remember. I'd say I'll lok for those pics but I've spent ALL DAY organising all the photos I have since 2007 so I cba hahaha!

Guessing they came with it? Work ok? I might just get a bigger size waterproof jacket off fleabay and swap for a diff size if it doesn't fit :mrgreen:

i've got a waterproof over jacket by alpinestars, it has to go on over your head (no zip up the front), but because of that it doesn't leak... completely waterproof, and i've tested it quite a few times over the last couple of years. It's also quite long, so covers the crown jewellies!! :mrgreen:

(quick Google search will find you the jacket i'm on about)

Pic 5 made me chuckle!

As for Sunday, I'm out I'm afraid - my girlie just got her cast off and has an aching desire to drive me about in her car all weekend... :shock:

I'll pop along to a meet one of these days. Promise! :-)

Get something that bright, would not suggest black as normally if your wearing waterproofs visibility is not good, just make sure your seen! Don't worry to much about the looks they can laugh as much as they want :roll: if your warm and dry you will have the last laugh :up:

Ordered a v nice one on a whim off fleabay (for £40)...I will review it when I receive it but it may be a bit too small (and the slightly larger one is out of stock everywhere online!). I had forgotton my hubby has a waterproof over-jacket for his Frank Thomas summer textiles - I tried it on earlier and it fits (unflatteringly!) over my leather jacket; I found the measurements from a brief bit of online research :mrgreen: . If this nice overjacket doesn't work out, I could either make him accidentally-on-purpose lose his, or just and buy another more bland one just like it online!

Will update next week :D

For £80+?! My leather jacket cost £25! (2nd hand) :mrgreen: . I don't think I own anything bikey that cost over £60 except for the bike! :lol:

no no no... tis this one, but still more expensive than your leather jacket

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Alpinestars-R ... 4d13200b63

For £80+?! My leather jacket cost £25! (2nd hand) :mrgreen: . I don't think I own anything bikey that cost over £60 except for the bike! :lol:

no no no... tis this one, but still more expensive than your leather jacket

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Alpinestars-R ... 4d13200b63

It's alright, I stopped being so much of a cheapskate and bought a real nice looking £40 one :shock: :o ! Cheers tho! Might not be right though, we'll see how it fits...I should get it by Tuesday *excited*!!! Along with some carpet tiles to put by the back door to stop dripping water and muddy footprints when coming in from the rain. I may have also bought a washing machine shaped laundry basket that arrived today....dear god I'm so freaking cool!!!

I got my over trousers from a military surplus store, reasonably breathable and very waterproof for only about £25 i think. they also sell matching jackets but in either OG or black i didnt think id risk it. as cool as OG looks, it makes you damn near invisible on the bike.

So I've worn the wateproof jacket and the trousers I already owned in the rain and did a great job. Doesn't look very cool - but I've decided I will never look cool on a bike til the L plates are off and I splash out on awesome gear anyway!

It's well made, elasticated bits on the arms aswell as fastenings to stop the rain coming in, nice and visible in an off-white colour, and best part - it came with a free rubber duck wearing goggles!!

Got it in a smll size expecting it not to fit as my leather jacket's quite bulky (would've gone for the medium but was out of stock), but actually fits perfectly.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/170958507959?var=470224923115&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

Only criticism is it's a bit of a faff putting waterproofs on over bikey gear which is why I was originally looking at an all-in-one suit thing. I take forever to leave the house as it is now the weather has turned and wearing many more layers already...will just have to get over it and keep making the girls at work late to leave! I will eventually get textiles in the future, just prefer leather atm, it's a lot thicker and my jacket's quite rigid and feels a lot more substantial than the other 2 textile jackets I've owned.

(don't I look like a geeky scooter rider!):

http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k96/spastic_potato/BikerMoos%20Piccies/PA090048_zps97c1ec96.jpg

The neck fastenings do go up all the way, just remembered as I was about to take it off I wanted a pic of how silly I looked :mrgreen:

Hi moo just read your post on here if your in the mood to spend money why not go all out and do you test ? As I've seen you l plates go for it & you don't need a front l plate buy law on a motorbike any more only a rear one is needed bike look better with it removed and think you look ok in your suit :cheers:

Hi moo just read your post on here if your in the mood to spend money why not go all out and do you test ? As I've seen you l plates go for it & you don't need a front l plate buy law on a motorbike any more only a rear one is needed bike look better with it removed and think you look ok in your suit :cheers:

Already on it thanks Dave! Moo and hubby doing our theory tests tomorrow morning, then will start lessons and do DAS :mrgreen: . I have some money put aside, enough to cover the test and a bit towards a shiney green ER6-F :wink:.

Looking well shifty in that pic :P glad you got your waterproofs sorted. Agree they are a faff to get on, I look like I'm trying to get in to straight jacket when I put mine on as it has to go over my head and is a little snug!

Only criticism is it's a bit of a faff putting waterproofs on over bikey gear which is why I was originally looking at an all-in-one suit thing. I

if you think putting a jacket on is a bit of a faff, you have a whole new understanding of the word faff coming when you try to put on an all in one rain suit over leathers and boots.

jacket looks nice though, refreshign to see some gear that isnt black!

Glad it's not just me with the waterproofs over leather then! They'll do for the mo.

And shifty? I was going for the "yeah I know I look a twat" look :mrgreen:

Worst thing about it gettng colder and wetter? Obv the waterproofs, but the amount of layers you have to put on to ride and not freeze your arse off, but then whenever you get anywhere you have to strip off to your normal clothes immediately cos the extra layers/thermal linings make you sweat like a bitch after 2 minutes! Then you have to carry all that exra crap around with you - waaaah! :crybaby:

Glad it's not just me with the waterproofs over leather then! They'll do for the mo.

And shifty? I was going for the "yeah I know I look a twat" look :mrgreen:

Worst thing about it gettng colder and wetter? Obv the waterproofs, but the amount of layers you have to put on to ride and not freeze your arse off, but then whenever you get anywhere you have to strip off to your normal clothes immediately cos the extra layers/thermal linings make you sweat like a bitch after 2 minutes! Then you have to carry all that exra crap around with you - waaaah! :crybaby:

it's why i'm very tempted this year to buy some heated clothing... vest, gloves, and just be done with it! saves wearing a hundred base layers, and then you still get cold anyway. NOT looking forward to riding this winter, will be my 4th and i'm bored of it now, so the heated kit may get purchased very soon (well that's what credit cards are for aren't they? buying expensive bike gear you can't afford :lol: