fazer carbs

Guest nwise

hi, im new on here and really need some help

I have a problem with an 03 fazer 600

I don't ride the bike to much and every time I start it after a few weeks of not being ridden the carbs throw out petrol from the overflows, each time they have to be stripped and cleaned,

after that there fine for a few runs and then leek again,

can any body suggest any thing,

should I look for a second hand set?

thanks.

Check that the floats aren't punctured and letting liquid into them......other than that you just need to make sure that the float height adjustments are OK and that the floats move freely and the fuel inlet valves aren't sticking....... 8-)

as tango says you need to check floats and make sure they are not sticking failing that if the fuel tap has an OFF position then turn fuel tap to that and run the bike for a minute after turning fuel off as that will partly rain float bowls and stop the floats sticking so much hopefully

thanks for the reply, I think I might have sorted it I drained the carb that was overflowing started the bike and no leaks, I will just have to run it more often,

sorry but I dont think that will be a fix!!

you should be able to leave the bike for months with no leaks like that

this requires further investigation can you imagine the consequences if petrol dripped on to a hot exhaust!!

this requires further investigation can you imagine the consequences if petrol dripped on to a hot exhaust!!

I don't claim any expertise on this, but will there be consequences? I've managed to do it in the past and got away with it and I know when this discussion came up somewhere before the consensus seemed to be that petrol needed a spark to ignite it.

Not claiming it wouldn't or couldn't, but...