ACF-50.... What can and can't it be used on?

500RUK

I've just bought a can and gave the shock, swing arm pivot bit, yolks, forks, and rear sets a coat..... But what else can I use it on? I imagine it'll just burn off the exhaust ect?

I want my pride and joy as protected as possible during the winter.

Cheers guys!

Anything metal. I take the fairing off and do everything I can see except brakes/wheels/silencer/anything you'll be touching. When you turn the bike on all the hot bits will smoke for a few minutes. Use a brush to apply as you only need a very thin layer. I wouldn't do rear sets/pegs as feet will slide right off :shock:

I use it on frame, fork legs, wheels, engine covers, yokes, bars, footpeg hangers, callipers (avoiding getting it on the disks), mirrors, rear shock, suspension linkages.........have I missed anything?..... :wink: :lol: :lol: Oh yeah, rad and oil cooler......rear subframe..... :lol: :lol:

I have some rag that I spray it onto then wipe it around these areas rather than spraying directly onto the metalwork...... 8-)

Anything metal. I take the fairing off and do everything I can see except brakes/wheels/silencer/anything you'll be touching. When you turn the bike on all the hot bits will smoke for a few minutes. Use a brush to apply as you only need a very thin layer. I wouldn't do rear sets/pegs as feet will slide right off :shock:

x2. If done that way it is very effective. I use a cloth rather than brush.

It's also useable on the electrics too. Also, it's worth getting in liquid form not the aerosol. Trust me, it will last a LOT longer though the initial cost is higher due to the liquid form being only sold in higher quantities

Bloody Halfrauds don't sell it! In fact they sold so little of the bike stuff I needed when I went the other day that I will defo stick to buying online in the future!! Will have to buy it online next payday - currently using WD-40, learning to HATE the smell of it :lol:

So where are you guys getting this stuff from? Having read all the poisitve stuff you all are saying about it, I'd like to give it a spin...

Does 37 notes for a "quart" (whatever that is) from amazon sound about right?

It's also useable on the electrics too. Also, it's worth getting in liquid form not the aerosol. Trust me, it will last a LOT longer though the initial cost is higher due to the liquid form being only sold in higher quantities

Totally agree. Dont get the aerosol if you can help. Use a brush and cloth, and apply a thin layer on everything but breaks, and have a fun winter.