Halfords trade card

Mr Fro

Alright dudes.

Has anyone explored the possibility of making an arrangement with Halfords to get TMBF members trade accounts?

I know some other (car) forums have had some luck...

Cheers,

Fro

Sounds like a good plan!

Although I'm rarely organised enough to buy stuff before I need it. I normally have a mad dash, covered in oil, five mins before the shops close to buy stuff, after trying in vain for ages to makedo with what I already have.

Just grab this off the net:

Halfords Trade Card. These can get you anything between 0% and 80% discount on Car Parts in any Halfords store. The problem is that you don't know how much discount it gets you until you take your card and the item to the till and ask them to scan it through. Rather than doing this every time, I thought it would be a good idea to try and start a list of rough prices for various items that people have purchased. This should give us a fair idea of if its worth getting the item from Halfords or your local motor factor.

Any other relevent information may be useful as well - for example the discount on Halfords own brand products is generally greater than that of a 3rd party.

Official MoneySavingExpert.com Insert:

If you're a mechanic or in the trade and can prove it then the Halfords Trade Card could mean sizeable savings. To prove you're eligible you'll need to show either your City and Guilds in Motor Mechanics certificate, or equivalent, or proof that you're employed as a technician.

However, even if you've been working in the trade for some time and can't prove you're qualified, some store managers will, at their discretion, give cards to those who can prove they make a lot of purchases by showing receipts from local motor factors although they'll also prefer that this be accompanied with proof of employment where possible. I might attack this from another angle after reading this, I've got tech certs for my work. I'm always buying tools and bits

So, rebuild a bike, take lots of pictures, take them into Halfords and say;-

This is what I do for a living, I don't have any qualifications as I was taught by the best, my late father.

Now, slowly start to well up and sniffle slightly whilst remembering the good old days you spent with your late father working on bikes.

Proceed to burst into tears sobbing into the assistants shoulder, embrace them and tell them it's the one thing you had in common with your father, and without it you'd be jobless, which in turn would mean you'd lose your business, family home, car, bikes, and any fond memories of your late father.

Finally exit the store with your new Halfords discount card.

Joking aside I rarely go there it's just too expensive and the bike range is little to none.

Re: discounts... Yes, it is variable. A few of recent examples... Bike battery for the Ninja was ~ £35 from £45. CR9EK plugs ~ £2.5 from £9. Massive car battery - £97 from £130.

For me, an "enthusiastic amateur", it's well worth having and I've saved a good few quid over the years. Things like bulbs are often pennies.

If you're applying for an account it very much depends on who you deal with at the desk.

For me, an "enthusiastic amateur", it's well worth having and I've saved a good few quid over the years. Things like bulbs are often pennies.

Nearest Halfords is a 4.5 hour round trip from here so it'd have to be a substantial discount to make it worthwhile :)

So, rebuild a bike, take lots of pictures, take them into Halfords and say;-

This is what I do for a living, I don't have any qualifications as I was taught by the best, my late father.

Now, slowly start to well up and sniffle slightly whilst remembering the good old days you spent with your late father working on bikes.

Proceed to burst into tears sobbing into the assistants shoulder, embrace them and tell them it's the one thing you had in common with your father, and without it you'd be jobless, which in turn would mean you'd lose your business, family home, car, bikes, and any fond memories of your late father.

Finally exit the store with your new Halfords discount card.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'll take the first tear as a sign for me to start with the X Factor sob story music...