Southend Shakedown - Easter Monday 21st April

Tango

Right.....lets start getting a few bikey events lined up for when the weather (hopefully) improves..... 8-)

Southend Shakedown.....a run from the Ace Cafe, London to Southend Seafront which takes place every Easter Monday. This year this falls on 21st April.

We'll probably go....although we tend to go directly to Southend rather than via the Ace Cafe.......so, if anyone is interested from this area (Cambridge/Huntingdon) we'll sort something out..... 8-)

Others, please use the Rideout section to organise local meeting points and times..... 8-)

http://www.acecafeevents.com/southend.html

By all rights I should've sorted a bigger bike by then, seeing as I have my first year of no claims in mid march. So I'd expect to be joining up :D

Well....there's your target date then Ollie...... :wink: :lol: :lol:

Right.....lets start getting a few bikey events lined up for when the weather (hopefully) improves..... 8-)

Southend Shakedown.....a run from the Ace Cafe, London to Southend Seafront which takes place every Easter Monday. This year this falls on 21st April.

We'll probably go....although we tend to go directly to Southend rather than via the Ace Cafe.......so, if anyone is interested from this area (Cambridge/Huntingdon) we'll sort something out..... 8-)

Others, please use the Rideout section to organise local meeting points and times..... 8-)

There's a nice route from Great Dunmow (just off the M11) down to Chelmsford, where I am, along the A1060. Meet me along the way?

DL

There's a nice route from Great Dunmow (just off the M11) down to Chelmsford, where I am, along the A1060. Meet me along the way?

DL

Yep....no probs mate.....we try to avoid the motorways if possible.....with the exception of last year, when there were snow flurries in the air....and then it was a "get there as quickly as possible" route...... :wink:

We'll sort times and meeting places a bit nearer the time...... 8-)

Will try to make it again Bob, but if it's as feckin cold as this year...............................................?

Yep.....but it's nearly a month later this coming year Alan......so lets keep fingers crossed...... :wink:

By all rights I should've sorted a bigger bike by then, seeing as I have my first year of no claims in mid march. So I'd expect to be joining up :D

Ditto 8-) except 2 yrs no claims in March - and Ollie just reminded me I could trade in my bike against another one which I for some reason totally forgot I could do! :mrgreen: Makes life so much easier!

Can't wait for bike season to return :up: and this is well up my street, tho I may like to go to Ace Cafe first just cos I'm getting to like it there and hear about their events and would love to head off from there with tonnes of bikers and get loadsa pics...we'll see, plenty of time to decide 8-)

Need to get some little TMBF stickers made up to easiliy identify other forum members or thier bikes.

User DeeJ used to make them, and maybe still does?

http://www.themotorbikeforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=36231&p=674665&hilit=tmbf+stickers#p674665

*WANT*! :mrgreen:

• 3 months later...

Just Bumping this as it's only a couple of weeks away now....... 8-)

Weather permitting we'll head down there again.....and probs stop off in Rayleigh to meet up with BonnieBird's brother....... 8-)

May set off a bit earlier this year.....coz, if the weather is good it'll be mobbed..... :wink:

I might see you there or try and join in... I know I'm up north on the weekend. But I could be back as early as the Saturday evening for easter monday to follow.

If it's sunny the RR can get a blast

If it's wet and miserable I won't bother as I commute in enough rain as it is :lol:

If anyone is attending the Southend Shakedown this coming bank holiday Monday, then do feel free to pop along to the MW Solicitors stand and say Hi.

I will be there all day, so I will be delighted to have a chat to anyone, and we are also running a prize draw for £2000 worth of kit and 2 tickets to the MotoGP event at Silverstone.

Hopefully weather will be better than last year

I've never been and was thinking about going what exactly is there ? :)

It's a huge rideout from the Ace Cafe on the North Circular to Southend seafront - its every Easter Bank Holiday Monday (see link at the beginning of this thread)

We normally go straight to Southend (via Rayleigh) although I did do the Ace route one year. You can't miss it in Southend - head to the seafront for miles of bikes

That would be great if u can.

My old girls no slouch but u may have to hold bak for me lol

LOL....we're not fast riders.....and it's mainly urban roads from Rayleigh down to Southend depending on which way we go.....so you'll have no probs keeping up..... 8-)