Dust caps siezed :(

Dynamo_Delboy

Try a hot air blower l would not use a flame you liable to burn the seal in the valve, a smear a grease should stop it sticking in the future. Or secondly run a hacksaw blade down it to spilt the cap open.

So the poxy metal dust caps have siezed on the valve.

Any tips on how to get them off so i can toss them away and put air in my tyres?

Cheers

If all else fails just break them off and if necessary fit new valve stems.

And make sure you check tyre pressure more regularly in future to avoid a repeat performance :wink:

Try a hot air blower l would not use a flame you liable to burn the seal in the valve, a smear a grease should stop it sticking in the future. Or secondly run a hacksaw blade down it to spilt the cap open.

thats why i said lighter flame as it got small flame, it burn your fingers b4 it burn the seals as the lighter would get to hot to hold

I had this, small flame on the cap to heat it, wd40 sprayed on and then I used the ppe grippy bit of a pair of pliers on the rubber stem to stop it twisting when I turned the cap with pliers. Very thorough inspection of the rubber stem afterwards to make sure it's not been damaged by the twisting and pliers. If in doubt get them changed because if the stem goes, that's effectively a blow out. Mine were ok, they are pretty tough.

And as has been said, a smear of grease ensures no probs in the future (plus more regular checking)