OMG I WAS TERRIBLE!!!

Yeah id been driving cars for 10yrs prior to biking and loads of cycling - its about training or relearning cos cycling can teach balance but it doesn't go much further than that because of an engine to control. Biking is harder because there is more independent actions to perform but when it clicks.. 

My CBT wasn't very good either 🫣🤬 testing my own patience with the likes of getting my head around the very short clutch,engine revs, vision so forth.

My figure of eights were awful because of the turning/revving issue.  On that note use your left hand to steer the bike only, unlike what you do on a bicycle which you can use both. This will make sure the right arm and hand is looser for controlling the throttle separately.
The back brake is your best friend in slow manoeuvres (and wheelies), it will gently hold the bike up and stop the bike from running away ( if you use abit to much throttle-abrupt clutch but the drive is there) use the back brake to curb it slightly. unlike if you grab the front it has a higher chance of turning too much or folding in to crash with you under it.

Other reasons for this is your hands have enough to do so use that right foot to dab the brake.
You cannot be marked down with using the rear brake so use it to make it easier.
Even to this day in slow stuff i use the back 75-90% of the time and its power compared to the front.

My U-turn took up half of the entire yard. 
Similar to the previous but its a case of eye and target fixation. "You will go where you look" so look at the distance behind you of a easy to spot land mark say like a lamppost at your "5oclock". When after your checks and setting off keep eyes on that landmark the whole time thats the end goal, that will give you a tighter and smoother arc towards where you want to go...

but for starters to get use to it break it down into stages(as you'll have to really twist your neck until urs used to it), look for 2oclock, three, four, five markers and use them to join the dots.

what fullscreening said- What I can't get my head around is, why do people make it difficult for themselves by doing the CBT on ageared bike if they have never ridden before?

Just do your CBT on a rev n go. It will simplify things for you. Once you have done your CBT and you want a geared bike then you can practice in your own time in an empty car park etc.

Wow so many wrongs with that with great presumptions.

If you took your Cbt on a scooter (no gears) will still be classed as a "scooter CBT" or automatic bike NOT A MANUAL, so you would be stuck with that legally unless you took it with a manual in the first place.

some people dont have a bike or insurance of their own at that time (and dont want to pay twice to change) so to go "practice" isnt really an option so they spend a little bit of money with the schools bike which to be honest is safer.
Plus if they find the right school they can help guide them where as if they are on their own they might not know how to correct the errors.

Also empty car parks are public so if your not above board with the license, insurance and bike you are playing with fire in legal terms plus if your not up to scratch with gears in the first place you have to get it there and back legally and safely... 

now Ryan i dont know if you have road experience from driving? that will help you greatly compare to "yamaha boi" as you put it...

From my experience and first hand knowledge the over exuberance, lack of street wise will definitely knock um back or a car/van will do to them (prominent bollocking from the 4wheels and instructor) and if they think they can just go when ever (cos they think they have 200hp) to "stick themselves in there" 🫣 Many a time. Then travel as fast as they can pretty much tyre rubbing on a bumper of the car infront not reading the road or travel ahead...

Remy- so maybe the instructor was right and just needed a push out of the comfort zone😳or loved to see yours eyes out of there sockets and sweat!🤪

Edited by RideWithStyles

1 hour ago, Stu said:

I never said they shouldn't 

But its an almost 10 year old thread you may as well talk to yourself so crack on 

You insinuate it doesnt also the info doesnt relate to the matter.
isnt that what other mods and users state... why not look at previous posts for there answer?

Isnt that what what partitions a forum?

if not then mayby with certain topics and threads there should be a cut off and be deleted?? Food for thought.

12 minutes ago, RideWithStyles said:

You insinuate it doesnt also the info doesnt relate to the matter.
isnt that what other mods and users state... why not look at previous posts for there answer?

Isnt that what what partitions a forum?

if not then mayby with certain topics and threads there should be a cut off and be deleted?? Food for thought.

Naa most people just know when to leave a thread be.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, RideWithStyles said:

Im more amazed on how or why jimbles brought back from the dead in the first place.

Jimbles lives in a different realm where time moves differently. Traveling Science Fiction GIF by Reconnecting Roots

• 2 weeks later...