So my dates are set for MOD 1 + MOD 2!

Today I have booked my 3 day course for my MOD 1 and MOD 2 tests,

Training on the 8th April,

Mod 1 test on the 10th April,

And if I pass MOD 1,

Mod 2 test on the 16th April.

Now here's to hoping the time goes quickly so I can enjoy them :) and stop worrying about the swerve maneuver

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you everyone, so today I did certainly have my MOD 1 test, didn't get off to a good start made a silly mistake riding into the test area causing me to stall (my big size 13s were just slightly still on the rear brake).

Manual handling, perfect.

slalom and figure of 8's, perfect.

Slow ride, Perfect.

U-Turn, perfect.

Controlled stop, Spot on.

Emergency stop, Spot on.

But....

The swerve (the bit I was dreading perfection in training) HIT A FLIPPING CONE WITH THE TIP OF MY TOES!!! Just Wobbling the cone.... Equalled to a Serious Fault and a FAIL!!!

was gutted and kicking myself on the ride back one simple thing caused me to fail...a few more cm's and I would of sailed through with one riding fault!!!

Better luck next time!

Unlucky mate. I failed my Mod 1 1st time around. I know how you feel. Go it 2nd time around. It was the slalom I stuffed up and 2nd time I felt even more nervous shaky. However, the extra few hours practise I had before my 2nd Mod 1 made sure it didn't happen again.

If its any consolation, I would say the Mod 2 is much easier than the Mod 1.

Unlucky buddy. I failed my first mod 1 because I kicked a cone on the swerve too. Well I say kicked, I booted it about 20 foot. I slowed down for my second one, from 59 kph to 51, made a massive difference. Spent the couple way over to the test centre the next time really trying to get a feel what 32 mph felt like rather than accelerating and hoping.

only Mere days now until attempt two and I think I know where I went wrong to be so close to the cone in the first place.. not closing the throttle early enough, that second can make all the difference...

Just an Update for all you lovely people :) I re-did my Mod 1 yesterday morning....

All went rather well, The swerve this time was a swerve to the left (which I preferred as I could do the Left swerve no problem).

(for obvious reasons I blacked out a few bits on the below image)

But I'm pleased to say I PASSED!!! :mrgreen: :cheers:

578499770_Mod1.jpg.b36ee247d122132a1e7a2d2e16f18b4e.jpg