Nürburgring track day poll

Tankbag

<t>Nürburgring Track Day</t>  

6 members have voted

1. 1. Nürburgring Track Day

• 1) I am up for this, find out more matey.
    • 2) I am undecided but still a bit curious, let me know more.
    • 3) That's too much dollar & too far, no thanks
    • 4) I'd be up for the road trip but not going on the track.
    • 5) I'd rather just go on an open tourist ticket & save money

Good folks of TMBF, lots of threads on track days & the ring recently & some info got me thinking about a 'safer' Nürburgring day out with no DB9's or Audis punting you off just us bikes, specifically, just us lot ! You could have 4 or 5 laps with no pressure & build up as the day went on. I'll do some enquiries but the ball park idea is renting the Ring for a day, between 20 bikers that's 150 quid each on a presumption the days rent is 3 grand. The 150 quid bytheway in tourist tickets at 20 Euros a go makes 4 or 5 laps on par, well almost. Obviously there's travel plus B & B on top.

Who's up for this next year, what petrol head hasn't got the Nordschleife on their bucket list.

nurburgring.jpeg.683b08cf76de2799a2b000088d7d2495.jpeg

As far as I'm aware the Nordschleife is not available for private hire by Motorcycle owners. They do have 'partners' for training. this starts at 49€ a lap.

As you can see on this page.. 'track days' are 'cars only' - http://www.nurburgringuk.com/trackdays.asp

by the way.. a tourist lap this year is 27€. (4 laps is 100€) as is usual for the 'Ring, your insurance is void.. and do bear in mind the cost of having the bike removed from the track if you happen to have a whoopsie. 250€

Personally I think its great.. I have for two years organised a week in the Eifel. the first year we went to the 'Ring and a few of the guys had a lap. the second year (2013) it was damp.. and that was more than enough to put the guys right off. so.. we didn't go anywhere near the place. the risks were simply too high.

As far as I'm aware the Nordschleife is not available for private hire by Motorcycle owners.

they will be open tourist days, mainly sundays as its best not to use the track from mid day onwards for your own safety, as zee germans crash and spill oil everywhere on a regular basis!!! to hire the track would cost around £3000 for the day so obviously i wont be going down that route just yet! :lol:

Scrathes head,,,

Easy answer is to ask him where he got this little nugget from:

To hire the track would cost around £3000 for the day.

Because its not anywhere obvious on the 'Rings website.. and those Germans aren't normally shy about such matters..

Reply from my oppo " had a thought.....what about the courses they do on the Ring. A pal of mine has done 2 or 3 and says they are second to none. That way you get a Ring Expert to guide you and they do packages with accommodation and food etc. "

I've obviously asked for more details so maybe the poll should ask who's up for a track day at the ring with a ring master instructor, anyhoo, soon as I know I'll post up.

I can see it been a lot more than 3k to be honest

Cadwell is 10k as I have enquired!

10k. 75ish people. ~£135 each.

I wouldn't mind paying that for a track day with you lot. :-)

Stick in overnight camping and it'd be a right old hoot!

I can see it been a lot more than 3k to be honest

Cadwell is 10k as I have enquired!

10k. 75ish people. ~£135 each.

I wouldn't mind paying that for a track day with you lot. :-)

Stick in overnight camping and it'd be a right old hoot!

what do you think my plan was :wink:

but then you have to factor in public liability insurance!!

but then you have to factor in public liability insurance!!

Yep, good point, this is what happens when I drink & think about bikes & am blinded by the enthusiasm.

I'll post up prices of ring master lead track days & rough ferry / chunnel costs etc & see who's up for it.

Sorry to hijack...

Would the track not come with insurance thrown in with the personnel, support etc (I have not idea)?

How about a TMBF session? I've been to a few track days where they have an MG, Lotus or whatnot owners club session.

• 3 weeks later...

as some of you may already know, im orgainising trips to the nurburgring with transport there and back for upto 8 bikes and 16 passengers for £150 on a two hour bike only track session end of july. ( other dates available, and also mixed track weekend breaks for £300 all inclusive (exc lap prices) dates soon to be coming up, just message me if your interested.

to rent the track is almost impossible as 70% of the time its just a normal road, if you rent if for a day "day" is a week day and only 5-7pm and around a two year waiting list.